Monday, October 31, 2011

Hope for a Cure 2011


Every year, my family is excited and happy to participate in the Race for the Cure! We always do it in honor of my mom who is a breast cancer survivor!!! And we couldn't imagine NOT going! The weather was perfect this year and as always there was more pink to go around than you could ever imagine. Little Rock is still one of the top cities for turnout for Race for the Cure and its amazing to see all the people out there supporting those who have beaten breast cancer, and those they are honoring who didn't survive their battle. We love you memaw and are so proud of your battle!

The crew up bright and early and ready to walk supporting my mom! Just about everybody is up and cheerful....note Elem with his face not looking towards the camera. Hmm, you can only force so much at 7am and hope for so much with us late sleepers who are not quite the happy morning people. This year was a little hectic with school and work so I didn't get to get TOO "pinked" out, but so help me next year I will be graduated and I will have plenty of time to get ready in advance! Oh I cannot wait for the day!!!!

Me, Elem, Memaw, Jeff, Ann, and Seth.

Jeff and I. Happy.

Memaw and Ann :) So happy Ann could join us this year!!
Here is Elem giving Memaw lots of hugs after finishing the big race. His favorite part, and mine too is always at the end when my mom runs through the tunnel of balloons and gets to give everybody high 5s! Its so fun!

Wahooo Everybody loves confetti and everybody loves memaw!!! Especially Elem Zane.


I think Race for the Cure is amazing and I couldn't be prouder to support such an awesome cause for my mom and others who have fought and are currently fighting the battle of Breast Cancer! As they save....Save the Boobies!!!!

1 comment:

mom said...

Thank you Mindy. I love you.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers