Saturday, November 5, 2011

Super Hero Family

How else would we rock out on Halloween this year??? Uhm, Supr Hero families are the best right?! Even if they are made up from old clothes, your kids super hero costumes, toys, and a few scraps around the house!

Per Elem: Here we have, "Super Pumpkin Sage, Bat-Daddy, Super Momma, and Spiderman"


So, I am that mom that has "strongly encouraged" her child in the years past to be something "cool" for Halloween. Especially with a child that USED to hate dressing up! Nothing on the face, nothing tight or costume like at all. It was difficult, but I did what I could over the last few years with him being an awesome Pirate one year (with the best costume ever), a penguin as a baby, and a farmer during one of those awful phases when we were lucky to get him in pants for the night. LOL. Anyway-needless to say, I am anti character and of course anti those ugh ...super hero costumes from Walmart!!!!

However, this year, I chose to pick my battles, and go with the flow. Letting my sweet little 4 year old choose his outfit of choice and just deciding early on not to care either way. So, Spider man it was. And yes it cost $10.00. And I could not be prouder of his excitement and commitment to character. Haha. I even let him choose his shoes, and when he came out of his room he had some red house shoes, a size and 1/2 too small, that matched perfectly. Ahh, what are you gonna do???

Here is Nate- Pirate, Cecilia- Tinkerbell, and Elem-Spiderman.



My all time favorite halloween pic. hahahaha. Spider man and Tink at their best.

It was so much fun!! We hit up like 3 blocks of houses around our neighborhood, and the kids got waay to much candy! I love Halloween around our neighborhood, and love how everybody gets their houses so decorated and ready for the kids. All except that one house who makes sure their lights are on, and hangs the 8X10 white paper that reads: NO CANDY, underlined and in all caps none the less. Some people just have no little kid halloween spirit!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers