Saturday, October 8, 2011

That's just how God made me......

Elem never ceases to amaze me with the things he is learning and understanding these days. And even though I know he is soaking up every bit of everything that is going on around him at home and at school, I just love those moments when he catches me off guard with the most innocent of phrases. He really makes my heart melt at his genuine and sweet little spirit, more than I could ever describe. I love honest and heartfelt, especially when he has no idea how amazing and impact-ful the words are that he says.

Last night, we were getting ready for bed (up WAY later than we should of been), and I noticed something on Elem's ear. I was looking at it, and just kind of leaned in to take a closer look, and said, hmm whats that on your ear. (it was like a little red bump or mosquito bite). And Elem just turned really quick and looked in the mirror and hugged me around my neck, and said, "What? Oh my ear? Oh yeah, thats just how God made me, mom."

It made me totally forget what I was doing and just smile from ear to ear. I love you Elem Zane and your sweet most perfect little heart you have. God made you perfect in just about every single way I could possibly think of and I am SO glad that YOU know he made you! And that you are perfect just the way you are.

*minus the stubbornness of course.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers