Monday, February 26, 2007

My 7 month check up

Well today I went in for my 7 month check up! I can not believe I am already 2/3rds of the way done with this. Its crazy. :) So I went in to see my to my new doctor, Laura Collins. I went ahead and switched to UAMS from Horizons, mostly due to the distance, but also because of the hospital circumstances. Apparently Rebsamen is not one of the greatest hospitals, and UAMS is supposed to be better. Not too sure about all that, but everyone was giving me a hard time about it so I finally just switched over.

So anyways, I showed up early this morning and of course got the official weigh in-which was much more positive than my visit last month. haha. Of course I stepped up there cringing hoping that they wouldnt say I had gained another 9 pounds, and luckily I got to hear the fabulous words of you have gained 3 pounds!!! So I am down with that!! Fo sho! So now I am up to a whopping 174, which means I have officially gained 29 pounds. I can not believe that! Seeing that my goal gain was 25-30-hah-uhm...I think I might have to do some rethinking. Maybe I can push it to 35 and hope for the best. But it is totally looking like I am going to gain about 40 pounds. I guess I just need to be happy with the fact that I have not already gained like 40 at this point, right.

So anyways, she measured my uterous and what not, and like I said last time, you are supposed to be the number in cm that you are in weeks give or take a couple. And I measured to 27, which is exactly how many weeks I am. Well I am actually 28 weeks this week, so I am right on track. Meaning that my uterous is approx. the size of a basketball. Insane! Purely insane I tell you!

And I was supposed to take this glucose test to test for gestational diabetes but for some reaso they didnt do it. I dont know why, but anyways, I guess I will just get that done next time. It is definitly not a test I am looking forward to, that is for sure. You have to drink this glass of apparently nasty stuff and then wait like an hour to run some tests and get your results. So first of all I am like the pickiest person in the whole world, and I will probably throw up when I have to drink it, and second of all, who wants to wait like an hour in a waiting room, when it is already so hard to get comfortable sitting down anywhere.

But while I was in there I did get to get a good look at the baby because she did an ultrasound. Which was awesome. And she took pictures, but they are aweful. You cant tell what anything is. I mean, I can cause she was talking to me while she was taking them, but I really wanted some better pics. One thing though that Elem is still doing is sitting indian style with his little legs crossed, which is what he was doing at 5 months on the video that we got. She said he looked like he liked that position. So I thought that was cute. You could just see him little legs crossed and what not. Oh and for right now, he is sitting head down. She said he would probable flip a couple of times but that it was pretty good that he was already facing that way. And too that gives me and idea of what is actually moving in there when I feel all these crazy movements. Usually I feel more movements towards the tops and sides of my belly button, so for today Ill know that those movements are his legs. haha. I am silly I know. But its super cool to know what is moving. I am still trying to get down what part I am looking at when one side of my belly is significantly bigger than the other. It always looks like a little butt to me, but I guess that cause its round. Anyways, I am super happy that all went well. And so far we still have a happy little baby Elem.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers