Thursday, February 1, 2007

One of those days...I'm not a happy camper

Well I went into the doctor yesterday with high hopes of a fabulous check up. Which dont get me wrong, I did get. The baby is healthy and I got to hear is heart beat again, which is such an awesome sound. And they checked me out and measured me to make sure I was growing appropriatley and what not-and I was, I think I measured 25 inch. ?? or was it cm, I dont know, but 25 something, and that was the length from the top of your pubic bone to the top of your uterous. The number should be with in 3 of the number of weeks you are. I am 24 weeks so that is perfect! Okay all good. And I am super thanksful. Really i am.

But it also didnt help that the fact I walked into the back and got weighed just like I always do. With the much anticpated number I was about to see, I always get nervous, because lets just face it, this is the most I have weighed in a very long time. And although I do understand I am 6 months pregnant, it still is a not so great feeling when you see the actual poundage up there, starring you in the face. So she weighs me. And it was all down hill from there. So I should have gained 4-5 pounds-on average a pound a week, but no, I gained 9 pounds! 9 freaking pounds! Are you kidding me??? And yes the exact words out of her mouth, were: what have you been eating?? Im like I eat just like I normally do. AND I work out 5 days a week for 60 minutes or more, buring at least 500 calories during the workout, which I know the exact number because I am so anal about it! Anyways, so from that moment on the day just went down hill.

Now that I was falling into a deep dark depression because of the number of pounds that were just laid out in front of me, I seriously just wanted to cry. I mean how in the world did I gain all that weight when I have been working out so hard and trying to take really good care of my body. I just dont get it. I am not happy , not happy at all.

So you would think that is enough to bring a girl down, but no just wait, so I leave the office...and i forget to pay. One more thing not going my way. Then I get in my car and I start the drive home, which is a long long drive, and I call Cornerstone-the place I used to bartend till I found out I was pregnant to get my W2 and there phones are not working. Great, so I call the boss, he doesnt answer. I have been trying to find out when I can get my W2 for like a week now! 2nd thing to not go my way. Then I call walgreens because I need to pick up my prenatal vitamins-I have been out of for a week, and trying to get for the week, and again they are so busy that I must remain on hold. for exactly 22 minutes-at which point, I hung up. yet another thing to not go my way. THEN I pull into walmart because I have to get turkey and bread or I wont have anything to eat for lunch today, so I get ready to go in and realize that I have left my new favorite pair of red and white striped gloves at the doc. Geez.. anything else? You would think not. So I get into Walmart, where the masses have begun their "snow" shopping. Grant it there were flurries for about 15 minutes, I guess that proved the need for everyone to head to the store to stock up. So I finally fight the crowd and head to the car-where of course I find that someone has so graciously left their cart to be rammed into the back of my car. Aw how great. No dent, but still I am annoyed. And then I begin to drive out of the parking lot and I miss the turn, I have to go ALL the way around the freakin packed parking lot to get out, just something else to set me off.

So much annoyed I arrive at the house, at which point Seth asks me about the doctor and tears start to fill my eyes. He asks why I am upset and you know is everything alright, and I just let him know that I am not happy about the whole amount of weight that I have gained. He walks off and later reminds me that we have a lot to be thankful for -you know a heathly baby and what not and I should not be upset about a number. Although I do see his point, its still my body and I am not happy about the visit. He is right and I am more thankful than anything that our baby is healthy and I am healthy as well, but I just have issues with gaining a bunch of weight. All that said, Seth is of course the one good thing that happened to me yesterday. hehe. :) Making me feel better and reminding me what is important when I am wrapped up in the not so important thing in the whole scheme of things. Ahhh there I have vented everything I think. :)

I am better today. Hopefully skipping out early for this so called "snow" day that so many people feel we are having. hahaha. There isnt even a drop of snow on the road. Guess you take what you can get. huh? Well baby is good and kicking away. I should be okay for at least one day, i dont think much more can go wrong.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers