Friday, February 16, 2007

What is the deal with all you smokers????

So I have been pondering this thought for a while....what is the deal with the mass number of smokers???? You are everywhere? Why? Okay let me just start off with saying, I do understand that smoking is a habit, I have been there before, but ever since the day I found out I was pregnant, I just quit cold turkey. So it is possible. I know it is. I dont care what anyone says. But seriously, I can not seem to get away from the smoke, the smell, ohh just any of it. Its like I went to Walmart this morning to get some fruit. I try to walk in the front door and there is someone RIGHT there smoking. As if to ensure that I get a big wiff of it walking in, get it all over my clothes, so that I can smell it for the rest of the day, and also just enough to piss me off. Who wants to smell like a nasty ciggy all day long? Really? So then I come out of walmart, and I of course have to go by another smoker to get to my car. What is the deal? It is 8:30am! Are you people crazy? Its like there is this big deal about making sure that there are palces to smoke everywhere you go, but what about those of us who dont want to smell it. It is virtually impossible to get away from it. Because for those of you who dont know, even if you smoke and then spray yourself, you still smell like cigarettes. All day long. !!!

I know my nose is extra sensative right now, but it is just about enough to make me vomit. And that is no lie. I know I have been there, and yes if you go out to a smoky bar, then you have all the right to smoke that you want. But I just want to walk into a non smoking place and not have to walk through a cloud of nastyness to get in there, hoping that Elem isnt choking in there, due to the toxins that I just inhaled!! Its just grose.

Of course, the majority of my very best friends are smokers. Which also poses an issue, because I cant ever hang out with anyone. And when I do hang out, most of them smell like cigarettes anyways and I spend half the night just thinking to myself how bad it smells! haha. I do love all my girls, but I feel like I cant go anywhere. :( And that I am missing out on everything, because all extra curricular activities seem to take place in the smokiest of the smoky places. It is no fun. Just down right sucks. But then again, it is all worth it for the heath of the little baby. I do believe.

Which then again poses a new problem. What am I going to do with all you smokers that I want to be around my baby? I want Elem to be a social kid and grow up around a lot of people that love him. But I do not want him to grow up or even be held by people that smoke. I know that is such a harsh thing to say. But who wants their baby's face all snuggled up on someones shirt who just smoked a couple cigartettes on their way to the hospital? Its so grose. And then it gets on the babys outift, and on the blanket and just on him in general. Oh geez, I am so torn, because I am just anticipating that I am not going to be able to bring him around anyone!!! :( Cause all of you smoke! haha. What is a girl to do, what to do? I need to figure out something quick. Maybe Ill just require everyone who put on a plastic pancho before they get to hold the baby. That seems like the only reasonable thing to do here.

Ill be thinking about this all day!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers