Monday, March 19, 2007

Our weekend!...we finally got some major things done!




It was soo beautiful outside again this weekend that Seth and I decided we had to get moving on some major tasks! Mostly that would be referring to the flower bed in our front yard. Which technically, you couldnt call it a flower bed, because I dont think it had been touched in like 3 or 4 years, and it mostly consisted of grass, weeds, roots, and more weeds. It was just awefule. LIke it looked like our yard went all the way up to our house. So...we made that famous trip to Home Depot and got to spendin some major money! haha.


But it turned out to be so worth it. We got mulch, and soil, and flowers, and even a lawn mower! We are offically yard peeps now. We spent about 5 hours on Saturday and then Seth spent another 3 hours on Saturday to get it all finished. I dont think I have ever seen so many weeds!!! It was about 4 inches of the whole top layer just full of them. So grose! But once they were pulled up and the flowers and new soil was put down, it was an amazing difference! I am so so proud! And Sage even kicked it with us in the flower bed the whole weekend! I must say she did a good job of chillin in the yard and watchin us get down on our hands and knees and dig that stuff up!


So anyways, I took a couple of pics before I left for work to show off what we did! And if you look closely in the window you can see my little princess on her stool watching me leave to go to work! :) So sweet.


Oh and then I almost forgot even bigger news! It HAD to be karma because as you all know I have been looking for this like "nursery in a box" at walmart in cherry color for about 3 months. It was one of the first ones we saw, and it includes a dresser, changing table, and crib, and it was all super cheap. But every time we went to go get it, they were out. And I mean I go to Walmart every single weekend to get groceries! So we were begining to think we were just going to have to go with something else. Which would have been fine, but the only thing is that you got everything in one set with this nursery in a box thing. So...after all our hard work in the flower bed, we were laying on the couch and Seths mom calls and says she is at walmart and they had it!!!!


So we ran to walmart and got the thing! It had to be karma. All that hard work in the yard and we got a bonus!! haha. We are so excited. Now we just need to get the dang thing put together and get those walls painted!!! But at least we got it! Which is way more than I could have said last weekend!! yay! :) Happy times!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers