Monday, April 9, 2007

33 week checkup!

Well this morning I headed into the doc for another routine check up. I turned 33 weeks on Saturday so I am moving right along! I went in with high hopes that I would be right in and right out, but I was sadly mistaken. I ended up being there for almost 2 hours! Goodness it was a long morning.

I orginally signed in and was waiting to be called to go in the back but then they sent me downstairs to take this gestational diabetes test. Which I was actually supposed to have at 28 weeks. But that is like right when I switched docs so I think they got a little messed up. Anyways, I went down to the lab and had to drink a nice little super sweet orange drink and then return in an hour to get my blood drawn. So I drank it up and headed back to the 7th floor so I could get back in line to see Dr. Collins. Then I ended up waiting forever again, and the yuck part is that little orange drink made me super nautious. Nothing like sitting in the waiting room at a doctor's office sweating and feeling like you might puke at any moment. But not wanting to get up cause you might miss your name. haha.

But I made it through and had my quick checkup. So far I am still healthy, although I did gain another 6 pounds. geez. But I just cant help it anymore. I guess whatever I am going to gain I am gong to gain. I dont really care anymore, I just want to hurry up and meet Elem. :)

They measured me at 32cm which is good and I got to hear his hearbeat again, which is always so amazing to me! The doc said it was in the 140s so that was good. The only thing was that my blood pressure was a tad bit high , which she said might be the cause for all the swelling.

I havent done a great job of keeping up to date on this blog the past couple weeks cause I have been so busy at work and just exhausted by the time I get home that all I want to do is lay down.; So in case you didnt know, I think I am having a mild case of the swellings! My fingers are huge-well to me they are and they freaking hurt!! My whole hands hurt! And then my feet have been swelling too. Not too bad cause I try and keep them elevated, but still not the same as normal. And then my face...geez my face has started swelling in the last 2 weeks and i am not happy about it. :)

So..Mr. Elem I am ready to meet you and for you to go ahead and make your way into this world! First of all because I want to meet that beautiful baby that has been kicking me like crazy and making me pee all the time. But also to get back to my old self. Its kinda like the first 8 months were great and now I am just ready to be done. :):):)

Peas-

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers