Friday, April 13, 2007

34 weeks tomorrow!

Yes that is right folks, I will be 34 weeks tomorrow! And that means only 6 weeks left to go! And that is if little Elem doesn't decide to come on and celebrate his birthday early! :) Which like I have said before, deep down I am hoping for a little early entrance into the world. As long as he is heathly!!

This week is actually the critical week they like for you to make it too. After reaching 34 weeks 99% of babies can survive ourside of the womb with no problems. So that makes me very happy. Its so amazing to think that Elem was like the size of an itty bitty pea and he is now big enough to survive outside of my belly!!

Which brings me to another point! I have been trying to get the doc to tell me which way he is sitting, or laying, or whatever and how big he is! But its just not for sure! A month ago he was head down with his legs and feet indian style facing out towards my belly. Which oddly enough, is what he has been the entire time. (Well every time I have gotten an ultra sound) But then last time she didnt do an ultra sound and she was feeling around and couldnt figure out how he was laying! And I was like great, I hope he didnt move to and is not like head up or something. That would be no good!

And since she couldnt really tell me anything on the weight, I am just going by what the research I have done says. So this week Elem is supposed to be about 4 and 3/4lbs and 18 inches long! So insane! That is like almost a regular size baby in there. Which means all those movements and things are for real! I mean for real for real! haha. LIke for real long little legs and little arms!

Anyways, I am just so thankful to have made it this far without any problems. Even though I have been a little stressed with the swelling and uncomfortableness here and there, it is all worth knowing that he has made it this long! And every day gives him a better chance of being even healthier!

Other than that, I got up super early to try and find a final peice of furniture for the nursery. We really need a chest of drawers or something and I think we might have found the perfect one for like $25 bucks. Although I didnt see anything while I was out, Seths mom was looking too, and she found an armoir that is cherry and should match our bed and changing table! So hopefully it will all look good and we wont have to spend money that we dont have on a super nice one! We are gonna pick it up tonight so Ill take some pics and post em when I get home!

Until next time...

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers