Tuesday, April 24, 2007

35 week doc visit and here is Elem



I went in for my 35 week visit to the doc on Monday expecting the routine check up, you know measuring me, getting my weight and all that, but it turned out to be so much more and my most favorite appointment yet!

It started off great because Seth got to go, and he usually is shooting or something and hasnt been able to make it to many visits, and actaully hadnt even met my new doc. So he finally got to meet Laura. We went in and they did my weight and I had gained another 2 pounds. Which I am super happy about nbecause I have been trying to workout, but havent been able to do as much as I was before. Very very happy about the weight gain. Haha. 2 pounds is always better than like 10 right?!



And then they measured my belly and this time I was 36cm, which is good because it had been measuring just a tad b it small. So yay for me! Haha well yay for Elem. Then we got to hear Elem's heartbeat and it was perfect as always! It was in the mid 140s. So heartbeat-another good check! Then they took my blood pressure, which actually was really like, like 145/95. So that wasnt too good, but throughout the visit they ended up taking my blood pressure 3 times over about 20 minutes and every time it was different. But by the time we ended up leaving it was like 135/85 or something really close to that. So I dont know. She said it wasnt great, but that we would just be watching it to make sure it didnt get to high. But overall a really good report!




Now on with the good stuff. So while we were there I asked when we would get another chance to do an ultrasound, since Seth wasnt able to come to many visits and what not. Yes we totally used him as leverage. But Laura was like uhmm let me see, Ill check and see if we can get you in there to get some pictures! We were so excited, so she came back and sent us to the picture room where we finally got to see some more of Elem. It was so awesome. I laid down and she put the jelly on and just started rolling the thing around and there he was! A whole lot bigger than he was last time! :)




So then she moved around and we saw arms and legs and head and everything and she of course checked out his little package and told us he was for sure a little nboy and that was not changing! Seth of course was a very proud dad at that moment! haha Then even better, she grabbed like a little area and kind of zoomed in and it turned into the 4-D deal. It was the most awesome thing I have ever seen. His little face and lips and arms and legs! EVerything and it looked just like a real little baby! Like he wasnt just a little fetus anymore. I mean he has these little chubby cheeks and we could see his nose! Oh it was so awesome, I just can not tell you how cool it was.




And then he kept putting his hands in front of his face, so she ran and grabbed this little vibrater thing and put itg up to my belly and it startled him to where he would jump and change position. A little bit anyways. So she was able to get some really good face pics and then a couple more.




I am so thanksful that we got to do this. I dont think she would have ended up taking any pictures if we wouldnt have asked! And it is just the coolest feeling ever to really see that he is this little baby that has just grown so much!




I included the pics, but they are a littel small on here, so click on them and zoom in to get some good close up views of little Elem. The three face photos are pretty easy to tell what you are looking at, especially the one where he is laughing! That is my favorite. In another face photo he is eating his hand. I think he might have like the whole fist in there, and then in the other its just a good side view.




Then the other photos are one of his foot, its like all the bones and everything so thats cool, to see that those have all developed and then of course there are two of the "Its a boy photo". I am sure you can depict what you are looking at on those! Again those are the ones Seth is most proud of I think. haha. No he Loves the face shots too, but what can you say, hes a dad!




Well like I said, it was a great visit and I go back on Monday! I know this one was long! But just look at that face, and those cheeks. Oh yeah and look at the side view face photo where he is not eating his hands and like really look at his lips. I think he got seths awesome lips! I love em, and I so hope he did! They are my favorite!!!


No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers