Tuesday, April 17, 2007

No more shoe tying-its just not possible



It has officially happened!!! I can not tie my shoes anymore! Well that may be a teeny bit over exaggerating, but not much.


I always heard people say, you wont be able to tie your shoes before too long, and I'm like, right...I will never let myself get that big. But what do you know? Over the last month or so, I have realized, its not a matter of how big you are, its really a matter of how much there is in there! And how not squishable it is anymore. And then go ahead and throw in there -how much distance there actually is between you and your shoes! I personally would think, since I have been working out like 5 days a week and trying to at least eat normally, not go crazy or anything, I could still get down there and tie up my shoes when I need to. But that is so not the case.


Putting on socks and shoes is one of THE hardest things to do right now. Luckily-I have a couple of designated shoe ty-ers that dont mind helping out till I can do it on my own again. So for now my daily morning routine goes like this..I get dressed and grab a pair of socks, and contemplate how hard it is going to be to get them on. But then i think, seriously, you have to at least put your socks on and then Seth will put your shoes on for you! So...I hold my breath and bend over or lift up my leg to get to my foot. I immediatley start sweating and then usually put the foot down with the sock only half on. Then grab my foot again really quick and shove the dang thing on. Then take a couple of deep breaths to try and recover from the 30 seconds I was without air. haha. Then, I do the whole thing over again with the other foot. It is not a pretty site I must say. Well it doesnt feel very pretty anyways.


After the whole ordeal, I usually lay back on the couch or the bed where I am and take a minute to recoup. And then slowly wonder up to Seth who is trying to get himself ready to go to work, and ask him to please put my shoes on for me. :) And the sweet thing is he ALWAYS does it! And he doesnt even care! Although it is a weird request, I think it is so super cute and I just one more thing that I love him for doing for me! Not only has he put up with me this whole time, and my hormones, and our hardly ever being able to go anywhere, he still ties my shoes every day with a smile. What more could I ask for? Now that is true love. :):) hehe.


But that is not the end of it. So off to work I go, only to work a couple of hours and then off to the gym to workout. Which as you know consists of changing clothes and putting on tennis shoes!! So lucky for me, Steph is my daily workout partner and she takes on the shoe-ty-er role for me. And even better she usually offers and I dont even have to ask. I think its mostly because she doesnt like to hear me grunt when I am bending over to reach my feet or listen to me pant cause I am more out of breath from bending over than we are from the work out!! haha. But still, she does it for me. And I can not tell you how thankfuul I am for her!


So thanks to Seth and Steph for helping me out daily-even sometimes more than once a day, and neverminding. And always doing it with a smile! :) I have the best boyfriend and best friend in the world! hehe.


Peas-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have enjoyed being your daytime "tie your shoes" friend! You know I love you and Elem both so very much! It won't be long now before I can hug and kiss on the little man! He is so blessed to have such beautiful, sweet parents! Love you all!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers