Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Runnin on fumes here, no sleep=no fun!

Well last night was not a good night. The whole thing with being pregnant is this, you are really tired, and so you want to do what? Lay down, right? So you go to lay down, but you only have a couple of options when you lay down as to what position you can be in. So you kinda of have to pick and choose, because those positions are limited and of course if you lay one way for too long, its just not comfortable anymore. And you have to also remember, that you can not lay on your stomach because that is just not possible at this time, you most likely need a heating pad on your back because your back is sore, you should have your feet elevated to reduce the swelling, you should also put your hands on a pillow to keep them elevated as well if they are swelling ( I just read that the other day), and then you should also put a pillow between your legs to be more comfortable.

Okay so all that, plus you need to get up to go pee at least every two hours if you are hard core sleeping, and like every 20 minutes at least if you are awake. So imagine that for a minute. haha it is humorous if you think about it. I mean really how in the world is a girl supposed to get some sleep??

Now keep in mind I am have grown to be pretty cool with the whole I wake up at 11:30pm, 2:00am, 4:00am, 6:00am, and then get up at 7am every single night and morning. And that is just to pee and get situated again. Now the thing is, on top of all that, I have developed this new thing, where my hands are just falling asleep like every 20 minutes or so no matter how I am laying I am going to wake up because the ole hands are stinging like crazy with pins and needles.

Uhm so no one prepared me for that?? Hello? They really really hurt!! So on top of getting up every 2 hours at least, I am laying in bed, uncomfortable shaking my hands and holding them up in the air in hopes to drain the fluid or cease the pins and needles. Its actually quite amusing to see my shadow on the wall while Seth is fast asleep. Shaking in the air and what not, only to hear him start to snore. haha. At least I am not waking him up though! That would make me feel even worse!

Anyways, last night, I fell asleep on the couch and we woke up to go to bed around 11:30 or midnight just like clockwork, and then I slept till 2am, peed, and then the whole hand thing started up and so I woke up again at 3am. And that was the end of it. I couldnt go back to bed.

I laid there and laid there and laid there trying to sleep and get comfortable and nothing worked! So finally at 5am I just got up and went to lay down on the couch and just watched the morning news till 7. :( No fun. I am so tired and I know that I might have the same kind of night in store for me again. So if you are think about it, send some happy sleepy thoughts mine and Elems way tonight, because we will both most likley be up at any time of the night. If not both, at least one will be!

Only 2 hours left at work though, so hopefully it will go by quickly and we will be off to rest time at the hizzy!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers