Thursday, May 31, 2007

baby acne? oh no!





So yesterday I started noticing that Elem had a few little red pumps on his face that looked like pimples. I have heard of baby acne and I mean geez I have been around so many kids, you would think I would have assumed that Elem would get it. But you know. I totally didnt think he would. I always thought for some reason that it baby acne was just because the baby had oily skin and because the parent didnt bathe them too good. You know? But today I went to give Elem a bath and I have been using super mild soap on him, and his face was bright red with this like break out all over it. So I did some research to see what the deal was.


After I looked up a couple of sites it appears that the pimples comes from MY hormones! Apparently from when my hormones went crazy while I was pregnant and it got into Elem's system. All the sites said it usually comes out in babies when they are 3-4 weeks old. Which Elem is 3 and 1/2 so it is right in that time frame. And it can last till up to 6 months! Yikes! But it is nothing that has to do with his skin type or anything like that. And there is really nothing you can do for it, just cleanse their face a couple times a day with water and possible a mild soap. And also it is most inflamed like when the baby is upset and crying or if the skin is wet like from milk, or if the baby is hot, like from being outside. Which is exactly what happened and when I noticed Elems, he had been crying and it flared up, and then I took him for a walk in the baby bjorn so he was all leaned up against my shirt and all hot. And it aggravated it I guess.


Anyways, just something I never really knew much about and of course thought that my beautiful baby boy would never get, but what do you know, it happens to just about all babies, and he does! But he is still the cutest thing I have ever seen and it will fade away and he will be just fine. The sites said most baby acne fades in about a couple of weeks so that is not too bad. :) For now, here is a couple of pics of our sweet little Elem!


Oh and I almost forgot, I was way too busy cause mothers day was the weekend that we had Elem, well the weekend that we brought him home so I didnt have a chance to blog about it! But I got to have my very first Mother's day with my 5 day old son! How much better does it get than that! So the pic with me and Elem is from our first mothers day together, may 2007! I mean how perfect is he and what a blessing to have such a perfect little boy arrive just in time for mothers day!

2 comments:

maaydaay said...

Mindy I haven't had a chance to tell you that Elem is soooo cute! And I love the pics b/c with your green rug it always looks like he is outside in the grass :) It took me a minute to figure out it was a rug !

Mindy said...

haha yes I love the green too! Hehe. I know he doesnt look it too much, but hey, you gotta sacrafice a littel for a great photo moment right! Love you!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers