Thursday, May 3, 2007

Bags packed and in the car!



It is finally that time! Time that is to get the bags packed and the list ready to head to the hospital-in case of any labor situation that might arise before May 26th! Which to be quite honest I am hoping does occur. Those of you that I see every day, already know that I am so ready for Elem to come on into the world and for me to not be pregnant anymore. Not that I dont love feeling him move and seeing his little booty role across my belly, but the whole being so heavy and feet so swollen that they dont fit into my tennis shoes has about done me in! ha!


Yesterday I made the Target run and grabbed all the little things that I needed to get the bags a packin! I grabbed all the miniature toiletries that are a must, cause who wants to pack their face wash and soap every day just in case you go into labor! Not me. So I got the miniature must haves-the toothpaste, the tooth brush holders, the face wash, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, etc. And then I also got 3 nursing bras! I didnt have any yet cause they have been so dang expensive every where I look, but they were on sale for like 15 bucks, so I figured it was a good time to get em.


Then last night I got everything out and began packing. It was kinda fun but also kind of a reality check, like whoa...I am totally packing my bag for when I am in the hospital delivering a baby! Crazy! But so so exciting! And I did my best to think of everything for both me and Seth. I got the t-shirts, comfy pants, tank tops, boxers, sweatshirts, hats, hair bands, bobby pins, lots of socks, flip flops, and all that jazz ready to go and nicely folded in a cute little bag! Then I also got all those toiletries i was telling you about ready to go as well! Other than that we just have Elem's stuff which includes the much talked about "going home outfit" -which we still have not decided on. But what we did decide is that we want to see him first and then decide what he should wear! Yes we are silly like that, but we both think it is best! With that in mind I packed up three outfits! A little white onsie with the Razorback A on it of course, that has a little razorback baby hat that goes with it! Super cute! And then my personal favorite, a tie-dye onsie. I mean hello, how perfect is that! And then this itty bitty preemie orange and blue striped outfit that has a couple of little frogs on it in, which is cute too. So I think we will check with Elem and see what he wants to come home in and then decide. :)


Altogether, I think I have pretty much everything. Mine, Seth, and Elem's stuff all packed and in my car! I am sure there are a few things that I might come across to add, but I just want to have as much of it ready as I can to make sure that just in case anything happens, there is one less thing to worry about! :) And on top of that, I spend more time at work than I do at home, so there is no tellin when or where it might happen. I guess that is one surprise in life you just cant plan! haha.


Other than the bags I also got the list started and on the fridge with the things we dont want to forget! Like the pillows and phone chargers etc. Hopefully that will help us to make sure we get everything before we go and just make our time there that much more comfortable. :):) It is getting close, only 23 days to go! And tonight my plan is to get the car seat base buckled in and get the car seat in there ready to go as well. I gotta get Ali to help me figure it out cause I have no idea. I tried yesterday, but got so out of breath in like 5 minutes, I decided to take a pass and let her do her thing since she already has one in her car! But we are movin right

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers