Tuesday, May 1, 2007

swelling and check up at 36 weeks


On Monday I went in for my 36 week check up. It was pretty much a routine visit, except for the fact that I had to do a 24 hour urine sample. Okay for those of you who dont know what that is-like I didnt, it is way crazy! haha. Basically last week while I was in for my visit, they let me know that the last three times there had been protein in my urine, which can be a sign of preeclampsia. So they were a little worried and told me that I would be doing a 24 hour urine sample starting when I woke up on Sunday and bringing it to my appointment on Monday. So the nurse went ahead and told me what all that entailed which was quite a lot. She gave me this huge jub that was like a gallon or two in size and it was orange and looked like a freakin minute maid jug and also this little like throw away bed pan kinda thing that I was supposed to pee in every single time for 24 hours. haha. I know it is grose, but hey I had to do it so I am sharing. So anyways, on top of all that, we also had to keep it cold. So needless to say we had to set asside some space in the fridge to keep it nice and cold.


And then to top all that off I had to take it with me to the doc on Monday. Even though it was a pain to do it, I knew it was for a good reason and I didnt want to mess anything up, so I did what they said. And I took it in on Monday when I went in for the visit. When I got there we did the regular and weighed in and checked the ole blood pressure which this time was better and not so crazy. And I had gained another 4 pounds! WOW! Please tell me I am done gaining weight! PLease. haha.


SO then we went into the room and she just ran through the regular check up and measured me and I measured 37 and 1/2 which is great and then we listened to his heartbeat which was in the mid 140s again. That is where it has been the whole time. And then she started feeling around to kinda see if she could tell how big he was, but instead of being able to tell us that, she told me that I was having a contraction while she was feeling around on Elem! How crazy! And I didnt even know what it was. I just thought it was him moving. But she said it was definitly a contraction, which I am very happy to hear. I mean that means we are almost there! Or at least well on our way to the finish line!! Actually from today it is only 25 days. Till my due date that is. And I am so so ready.


After she felt around, and let me know that I was super excited and I kinda dont remember anything else that happened. Except for the fact that I told her how swollen I was getting. She checked out my feet and hands and said you know just the same ole same ole, to keep them up. But seriously did you see the pic. I mean I usually have pretty little ankels and boney feet. But no, not by the looks of this pic and not with all this weight. I kinda think my feet are like in shock from all the weight that they are having to support. I would have to say that other than the back pain, this would be the most uncomfortable part. I mean you need your feet for everything!!! And you dont realize how bad it sucks when they hurt. I cant clean the house, do laundry, cook or anything with out having to stop every 5 minutes cause they end up hurting so bad. But it is almost over and I will be so happy to have my regular ole feet back and feel light again.

Other than that everything is going great. I have kinda put a stop to the working out everyday cause of the whole feet be so swollen thing, but I have still been walking just about every day! I really wanted to work out till up to the very last minute. But pretty much as soon as I turned 9 months, I didnt really have a choice. First and foremost cause my feet didnt really fit into my tennis shoes anymore, but also just the weight in general is a lot to carry when you are trying to get going on the elliptical. I am super anxious to get back to that as well though. I know I am probably going to turn into a workout freak once Elem is here! I cant wait!


Oh yeah and so after I left the doc I went to work and she called me later that afternoon to give me the update on the protein test. If it was above 300 then I had to go on bed rest, which just was not going to work for me, but luckily she said my number was really low and everything was fine. Elem and I are doing great and just waiting on him to get here.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers