Thursday, June 28, 2007

Poor baby and poor mommy!

I know its been a while since my last post, but its all due to the fact that our 7 week old little baby boy got his first cold. It is such a sad sad sight! It all started I believe with his cousin Cecilia and her cold. She is only 4 months old and got the sniffles and congestion and all and Ali and Dustin also got the cold. They spent a couple of nights up with her all night long and I was so thankkful that no one in our little family, especially Elem had gotten sick yet. Then woudlnt you know it, with how close our families are, one thing lead to another and we wake up on Monday morning-well Seth wakes up on Monday morning, Elem and I actually spent the entire night up together cause he was fussy all night long. When we got up on Monday I finally took his temperature because there was just nothing I could do for the little fella and wouldnt you know he had 100.8. :( I felt so bad because he was almost etting on my nerves cause I couldnt do anything for him all night. All the while he was feeling so sick and I didnt even know. I suck!

So I pretty much held him all day long and as the day progressed so did his snot and sneezing! He ran fever for about 2-3 days and then it pretty much passed. So by Wednesday he was actually looking a little better at times. Here and there at least he would have a few good hours. But the little dude still couldnt breathe.

So while I was getting so excited that he was feeling a little bit better, I notice this really sore throat coming on. And that turned into every time I swallowed it felt like my throat was on fire, and then my head started getting stuffy and my nose and all. So I immediatly went to the doc yesterday cause I ddint want to get Elem any more sick. And I have the freaking strep! No! I have not had that since I was like 6 years old!But now I have it. And I feel so aweful! He gave me a zpac and some meds for the sore throat. I think I got it because I got Elems cold and with all the lack of sleep and just straight up run down-ness that I have been going through, it just spiralled into something way worse that just the ole cold.

So since I got meds yesterday I decided to take little dude on in to the doc today cause I got nervous that he could get strep. Well we went to visit Dr. Stewart and she informed me that he just has a cold. His temp was only 99.7-which they took rectally I might add. :( Elem cried and I almost did too. I dont like that one bit. And she said it could last 5-10 days! ANd all the mucous that has been clotting his little eyes together where he cant even open his eyes, she said that is his snot backing up and coming out his tear ducs. What in the world!!!

But she did inform me that babies cant get strep because their tonsil tissue is not developed enough or something so I had no fears there. She pretty much sent me home with the directions to keep him away from any sick babies-wash my hands like crazy, and to get some saline drops and do the bulb suction like crazy to suction all that snot out of his nose. So I have been doing all of those things and I even cleaned my whole house to make sure everything was disenfected! Hopefully we are on the downward part of the hill and Elem will start feeling some comfort soon. For now, he is asleep in his crib snot filled nose and all. ANd me and my sore throat are taking it easy, hoping that the zpac pulls through and I am feeling lots better by tomorrow.

It is really hard to take care of an infant who is sick, when you are sick yourself. And to stay up all night to make sure they feel better, when you need someone to be taking care of you! I have such great respect for my mom and dad and all the mothers out there who take of their babies and kids through all those crazy sicknesses that you know we all had, when they were right there with us, getting sick along the same time! Cant wait to feel better and hopefully tomorrow Ill feel a whole lot better and Elem too. Ill try to post some pics of a happier baby than we have in the house tonight. I dont think he would enjoy me pestering him for some "sick photots" for the blog! haha! Peas-

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers