Wednesday, August 29, 2007

naked babies and new toy

For those of you who have seen my house you know that Elem is not deprived by any means in the toy area, but of course its like I go to target or walmart or something and it is almost impossible not to buy stuff for him! I try not too, but the only way I dont buy anything is if I dont go! So anyways, the other day I got him this exersaucer that I have been wanting to get him for a while. I actually spent the last of our gift cards from the baby showers on it! makes it a lot easier to spend money when its not yours right? haha.

So yes the exersaucer is like the perfect little "station" as I like to call it for a baby who is Elems age and even older. Its this little circular toy that has gadgets all around the top and there is a seat that you put them in so that they are eye level with the toys on it. They can spin themselves around or just sit tight, cause their feet are barely touching the bottom. Its really good for them to learn how to play by themsleves and gives them lots of options. So these days we have like 5 or 6 stations laid out in the living room!

We have the exersaucer, which has become an immediate favorite, the swing, the bumbo, the aquarium bouncer, the papsan, and of course good ole tummy time on the floor!. So at any given time you could place him in some of those stations to keep him busy! Dont you know I like to keep our baby stimulated all the time and keep that mind working!

Here is Elem enjoying his new toy. ANd yes we are red neckin' it no shirt style!

Focusing here very hard on the one that spins and makes the noise. He really is intrigued by that one.


Love the drool coming down the side of the mouth. Like I said, very focused on what he is doing. No time to wie the mouth.


Once more, the noise thing is going. Whats a naked baby to do?


In regards to work, it is going pretty good! Still workin liike a dog but finally makin a little progress as far as cleaning and getting rid of all the junk. I also got the kids names on the table and we have been working on circle time and their names and colors and their potty chart!I can already tell a big difference in the kids only after like 2 weeks of them actually having a schedule. Its amazing how much a little schedule and consistency will do for a toddler!

Next weekend we are going to my parents for labor day weekend, for like sunday and monday! So that should be fun. It will be Elems first road trip! haha. So memphis seems like a decent distance to give it a try. Hopefully he will be able to sleep at least a little bt of the way and we wont have to stop too much. Wish you could hold your baby in the back seat sometimes, like if you promised to be really careful! It would make traveling so much easier! :):)

So Ill let ya know how that goes. And another good thing about the trip is that we get to see my sis. She is about 10 weeks pregnant and I think she gets to hear the heartbeat this week actually, so it will be awesome to get to see her! I havent seen her since she found out so I am excited! Well Elem is asleep but should be getting up in a few so I am gonna try and catch a thirty minute power nap before he gets up. Or maybe just actually go pee without him in my lap or on my boob! hahaha. He has turned into like this, I want to breastfeed when I want it and if you dont give it to me I will not sleep the whole night. Or I will scream until you do what I say mommy! Its crazy. Thats why I am taking advantage of this little night time nap that he is taking. Love you all and Ill try and get some more pics up soon.

Stephy, I am going to post some of the ones from the baby shower soon! They were so cute thanks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you like the pics from the shower! There really are some adorable ones, for sure! What can I say? The little man is EXTREMELY photogenic! :-)

Unknown said...

I am so glad you like the pics from the shower! There really are some adorable ones, for sure! What can I say? The little man is EXTREMELY photogenic! :-)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers