Friday, August 24, 2007

working 7am-5pm

yup, this past week I took on a new shift at work, because I gave the lady tha works the early shift off. So I hsve been getting up every morning at 5am just to make it to the daycare by 7am. To say the least, it has been a tiresome week with some long days of caring for some kiddos and then off to the hizzy to take care of my little one. Oh and did I mention that Seth is out of town this week for work? So me and Elem have been doing everything solo style on top of my crazy schedule. Which is why I have not been able to blog all week. I have been so tired and then the times I have triedto maybe get on the computer, of course Elem started crying or he was in a good modd and I wanted to play with him of course!

So this week was Elems first week at daycare! Kind of. We. well more so I got up at 5 to feed him and then put him back down, so that I would have time to take a shower and then get ready without him actually being awake. And then off we went to school together. it was really fun! For the most part. I think he did really well. But he didnt actually stay all day ever, we would get there at 7, and then he would hang out till 10 or so and then Paul, Seths dad would come and get him. So he kind f just got a taste of what daycare would be like. :) Which I think is perfect, cause I needed like a little dose of what it was going to be like for me too cause it sure is hard to take care of other peoples kids while your baby is in the room with you! haha! All I wanted to do deep down was hold him and just love n him the whole time cause I was so thankful that he was with me. i have missed him toooooo much since I went back to work and I am going to be so happy to have him there with me. Where I can see him and hold him and feed him any time I want!

On another note, I am still breastfeeding! Can you believe it. It has actually pretty much become a part of my routine now. Feeding him in the morning, pumping at work, and then feeding him at night. I still have plenty of milk frozen too! So I should be good to go at least for a while. I really want to make it to 6 months, but my first real goal was 3 months, and I have already passed that! So yay for me! And this morning on the news they were doing some peice on breastfeedng vs. bottle. Which is forever going to be a topic. But anyways, they said if you can breastfeed for at least 6 months your child wuill be smarter. Id like to think that is true. :)

Oh so here are some pics of Elem from last week. We have had this little half way high chair for a while but Elem has never sat in it. Its one of those ones that you put in a regular seat at your table so the baby is the same level as you. And its actually FOR infants cause it can recline but you can also sit them upright too. So there are a few pics from Elems first time at the table for dinner.

At first glance he appears to like the chair! yay!




Got the turtle and we even got a little smile!



Im a big boy.




Daddy? What you eatin over there?



Oh hey mommy, I am still diggin the chair, but not too much longer please.




Now see you have gone and done it, I said not too much longer. I have had enough!



Overall I think he did very well. Of course I am the one who has to get the camera out and take 9 gazillion pictures of his first everything. haha. But hey he is my first baby, why wouldnt I? And pluc I want to document everything. i think he will look back and appreciate it, right?

1 comment:

Scott said...

Mindy lou - I love, love, love your captions! ha! Yes, I would just like to say that I KNOW Elem will appreciate all the pictures one day! So, keep on taking them, because, I for one, look forward to them on a regular basis! :-) It was so good hangin with you both on Saturday! I miss you so! Check out my flickr, cuz there are so many freakin cute ones of your sweet baby boy on there! I lovvvvvvvvvvvve you Lou-Lou!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers