Friday, September 28, 2007

19lbs 26 inches-WOW!

Yup you heard me right! Seth and I took Elem in for his 4 month check up last Friday to get the unfortunate 4 month shots and got the big weigh in! Elem seriously weighed in at 19 lbs!!!!!!! and he is 26 inches long! So the breakdown is that he is in the 95% for weight, 75% for length, and his little head is in the 45%! So I guess what I am saying is at least he didnt measure in with a big head, right?

But what is even weirder, is that one of my BFFs -Brittney, I know you are readin this, but her little girl weighed 19lbs at 1 year!!! I am like holy cow, my baby is gonna be a giant child! Anyways, I am just glad he is healthy and happy. The doc said he was perfect and everything looked great. He said since he is breastfeeding, you cant really over feed a breast fed baby. But he did suggest that we introduce some oatmeal cereal to possibly help out with his constipation. (Elem sorry to write that if you are ever reading this one day) but its true, he has only been pooping like every 4-5 days, so he said that would help. So we tried it out!

Mommy givin the first taste of the oatmeal cereal....


Mmmm, mmmm good!


I wanna do it myself yo!


I have a nice grainy cereal face


All gone. Like a good boy


haha. I guess you could say it went pretty smooth. I had to lay him down and play some of his music toys for him to get distracted and actually eat the dang food. But overall it was successful!

Other than that the poor little man got 4 shots in his legs-two in each, and an oral vaccine! Gosh why do they have to give them so many at once!!! He ran fever all night -it was actually like the worst fever he has ever had. We staid up all last friday night and he still had fever on till Sunday. My poor baby. It was soo pitiful! AND he still has a knot on his left leg where they gave him one of the shots! Its like the nurse shoved that thing in there way too hard! :(:(

But he is good now, and all vaccinated up. Sage got her shots last weekend too! haha. So the whole fam is good to go! He is crying so I gotta go!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

He is so cute...and I love that he is a chubby little thing! It beats the alternative of worrying your baby is anorexic!!!! :) Ha Ha!!! WE just got shots too...they suck! WEll, hope your weekend is good with that precious baby!
Love , B

Jaime said...

That's so funny. Liv was in like the 5th to 10th percentile on everything except for her ginormous head which always ranked in like the 95th. The girl still has a huge head...she wants to be a "bad" witch for halloween and everything on her costume fits perfect except for the hat. Anyway, I always wanted a chubby baby boy. You are a lucky girl Ms. Madewell.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers