Saturday, November 3, 2007

He bites

And he bites often..and very hard...and it hurts! Seriously, remember those few little words I spoke when speaking about at what time I would quit breastfeeding? Well I had stated that when Elem had teeth and starting biting at that time I would quit breastfeeding. I was holding tight to the thought that maybe this little tooth that is so slowly breaking its way into this world would steer clear of me! But my hopes have been brought to a hault when Elem starting biting me this week!!! ANd I mean really biting. I am torn because now I am not sure what to do. Its not like a little nip every few times. He bites me every single time he eats now and most of the time he bites several times in a feeding. And it hurts so bad, and I cant even pull him off, I have to say..OUCH real loud to get him to stop. ANd then I scare him and hurt his little feelings and I see the oh so familiar pouty lip.

I have been trying to figure out what to do. I know breastfeeding is so important, and truthfully I am about to hit my goal-6 months. But I really dont want to quit. I love the bonding time that I have with him and I love knowing that he is getting so many good things from the milk. I mean he is one smart little guy and I would like to think, breastfeeding is contributing. :) WHo knows. SO for now, I am going to stick it out through like 1 or 2 feedings a day and try and just pump and feed him from a bottle the rest of the time. He is totally cool with a bottle which is great, at least I have that option, so we'll see how it goes over the next week or 2 and I guess if that doesnt work Ill have to keep on thinking.

Now that covers the part of actually feeding him. But I still have another dilema. Elem doesnt just use me for nutrient purposes. He uses me as a pacifier. And I am the only paci he will take. haha. So I almost feel like its not fair to him if I cant be there or wont let him feed cause he is biting me. Its how he sooths himself and calms down in a matter of seconds when he is upset. So I need help in thinking of a way to pacify my baby not that the biting has started. I am researching as we speak, any suggestings??Pass them my way. Until then, Im gonna keep pushing the pacis and trying with the bottle. :)

Oh and halloween pics to come. Just got to upload them and Ill be ready to post!

1 comment:

Scott said...

Ouchy! I'm afraid I have no advice, only sympathy! ha! That has to hurt. I have to say though, paci's and bottles sound like a plan to me! :-) Love you!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers