Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I won a Robeez contest!

Yes I seriously did! Okay about 2 weekends ago, I was just surfin' the net, looking for some cute stuff for Elem as usual. So I went to the Robeez site and I was looking at all of the shoes they have right now. For those of you who do not know what Robeez are, check out their site: www.robeez.com. They have the BEST shoes ever for little babies. They are just a little sturdier than socks, but for sure protect your little ones feet, and they have elastic bands that go around the ankle. Which if you have a kiddo like me, they cant fit in hardly any little infant shoes, and you have to have something stretchy!

So I was on the site and looking at the shoes when I saw this contest, that was to create your own shoe! So I did it! I designed my own shoe style and chose the colors on every piece of the shoe and what not. Thinking not much about it, I went on with my business, and honestly forgot about the whole thing! I kid you not, I got a call not 5 days later from someone with their customer service, saying I was a grand prize winner for the shoe contest! ANd I remembered when I read the directions or whatever, that if you were a grandprize winner, you would get a custom pair of shoes.

I know this sounds crazy, but that is EXACTLY what I won! A custom pair of the shoes I designed for Elem! ANd they are making them as we speak. I picked the layout of the shoe like this one:

Robeez shoes almost like mine

As far as type of style. ANd then I did my own colors. the background of the shoe is in maroon, and then the stripes are in lime green. the laces are purple I think and then the top elastic part is blue! hahah! Can you believe it? I am expecting to get a pair of my custom shoes here in the next month or so in a size 12-18 months for Elem. I am soo excited! he is going to be running around in a pair of shoes that I designed on the dang Robeez site myself! Now if I would have won the Grand grand prize, I would have seen my shoe on the site, but I was just behind that person, so I think I did good! Ill get you all a pic as soon as I receive the custom made shoe! I am seriously in shock! wahoo!!

3 comments:

Brittney said...

WOW, that is crazy! I love robeez! They are also good because the kid can't take them off in the car and throw them at you!!! Can't wait to see pictures! Jillian wears hers all the time...she has the white ones with the bows on them! LOVE THESE SHOES!!!

B

Mindy said...

Okay now I ever thought of that, but yes I bet that is good too! Jilly better not be throwin shoes at you, or else I will have to make my way down there sooner than I thought!

Scott said...

haha! Congrats Mindy! I also knew you were a designer at heart! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers