Thursday, November 15, 2007

Our first sick day


I guess I am happy to report that it has officially been 6 months since Elem has had any kind of a "real" illness. And when I say "real" illness, it doesn't mean that I haven't taken him to the doctor to try and get some type of medicine for a few colds that we have run into-it only means that today just happens to be the first time they actually prescribed him something.

For a moment, imagine you sleep all night every night with a child attached to your upper body. Not attached to me literally, but just all up on me trying to cuddle and take up the whole bed! Then add that your little boy cant breathe through his nose, and tosses and turns all night trying to figure out how to breathe and eat and sleep al at the same time. Well if you can figure that out, then you pretty much have our night last night! It was one pitiful one I must say! Elem was up the entire night, which means I was up the entire night, as he tossed and turned and struggled to find comfort and peace with his sick little body. It wasn't until about 6 am, that I finally figured out the reason he was tossing and turning was because he was in some type of annoying pain somewhere and that he wasn't breathing at all through his nose.

Since I had not taken a day off of work since I started there, I figured today was the day because I knew Elem was really sick and needed to go to the doc. So I called the daycare and let everyone know bright and early -since we were up and all, and made an appointment with the doc. We got right in and got weighed. I am happy to report that he is weighing in at 20 lbs and 10 oz. I know to most of you that may seem like a lot, but his running around the house in that walker must be burning some calories because he weighed 20 lbs about 3 weeks ago. And if you know Elem he was gaining several pounds a month. Anyways, so we saw the doc and she told us that he had a little ear infection in his right ear and a cold. :(:(

This is the first time that they have actually acknowledged he as ill and needed some meds. They hooked him up with a prescription and told me to keep on doing the saline nasal drops and suctions bulb. WHich by the way, although it is very annoying! It does work wonders! It totally breaks up all the congestion at least that it in his nose and head and helps it to come out when you suction.



So we staid home and got nice and cuddly after the doc appointment and got into this little sleep sack that my mom got him for christmas last year! Yes before he was born I know, but he looks so dang cute in it! These things are perfect and keep them nice and warm and dont slide off off them like a blanket!



For now he is just taking antibiotics and we are dopign him up on motrin for the next day or so to help with the little ear pain. I It is so sad to see Elem in pain! Just knowing that when he rubs his little ear, its hurting him and while he is tossing and turning at night, makes me wish it was me rather than him!


he wasnt too big on the photos today, which I understand! On saturday we are going to get some real pics taken for his 6 month photos! My friends Megan is a good photographer and she s going to take some photos of Elem and mommy so next time I post, hopefully I will have some awesome pics! I have no idea what they will look like, but I am so excited to finally get some done where I am not just taking them! Shoot, I have nothing to wear and I dont even know what he will wear. Oh well cant think of that right now! He will look cute in anything!haha!Until then-

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Oh, poor baby Elem. Sweet thing. It's no fun to be sick! I feel your pain. It's hard being the mom of a little bity sick one. You just want them to feel better so bad. I hope he is all better now, and that you are both getting some rest. Love you guys!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers