Sunday, November 18, 2007

photo shoot went great!

Like I said, on Saturday Elem and I went to his first "real" photo shoot! We went to my friend's Megan's and she was shooting several kids at some dude's photagraphy studio. It was pretty small and I had way better expectations than when i walked in the door but I think it will turn out okay. We got there around 2:30om or so and I took tons and tons of props cause she said to bring lots of stuff cause she didnt really have much. But when I got there we did some stuff with some present boxes and some stuff with a fur blanket etc. Ill tell you ore about it when I get the pics. All I know so far is that she called me last night after she got home and uploaded them, and said that we had the prettiest baby ever and that his photos were so awesome and she was going to be using some of them for her portfolio. I am pretty sure that means we did good! the only sucky thing is that he didnt smile at all! We have like the happiest baby in the world and the most easy going baby ever and he did not smile once! I tried everything. :) I think he knew I was trying to get him to smile for picture purposes and he just wasnt having it!

Anyways, as soon as she gets the cd to me Ill upload them to flickr and show you guys the pics! I CAN NOT WAIT! Other than that, this weekend has been very chill. Elem was getting over his ear infection and daddy went to the hogs game, so we had petty much had a mommy and baby weekend!




We went to get those pics, and then hung out all night on saturday night till everyone got back from the razorback game. Then today we went to Sam's today to look for a car seat, but the one that we bought, was way to big, so it will be going back tomorrow. Of course I didnt read everything on the side of the box or I might not have bought the big ole thing! It was good in weight but not good in height! I guess Elem is like in a weird size, cause he is big for his age, but not fitting in what most things are made for. Like he is almost 20 lbs 10 oz, but most kids who are 21 lbs are older, so they are taller-etc. Just not working the way I need it to in regards to buying something for him to ride in the car in! Oh well, gonna find something else. Okay gotta run!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey Mindy, not sure if you remember me or not from Harding but I found your blog through Brittneys and just wanted to say hi! Your little guy is precious! I can't wait to see the pictures you wrote about...they sound so sweet! And I can totally relate to a non smiling baby during photo sessions! Every time we have taken Adalie to a photographer she freezes up and I have to swear up and down that she smiles all the time but there! They already have their tricks I guess!

Mittig family said...

Hey! Can't wait to see the pics. Babies are so funny how they know at such an early age what's going to get the biggest reaction from everyone!

My sister still lives in Little Rock so we go there several times a year. We'll have to get together sometime soon! Our babies are only a few months different in age :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers