Friday, December 28, 2007

Ole Santa

After getting in with the tree, one would think we would run and put it up and decorate it all on one night. Well that was the intention, but it didnt work out quite that smoothly. It was more like a 5 or 6 night project, only because of work and being tired and the tree being wet, and us not having lights, and then of course Elem needing all of our attention. ha! But we finally got it up and I thought it was just lovely if I do say so myself. Elem liked his first tree!



After we finally got the tree up, I was like man Elem has GOT to go see Santa! Even if he screams and hates it, I just wanted to document his first visit . SO we decided to give it a little trial before going the next day. Seth has this old santa beard and hat thing, so he threw it on to see what Elem would think.



Good thing, he seemed to like santa right off. And even wanted to touch his beard.


He actually couldnt stop laughing and smiling.


I am not sure if he knew it was Seth with a mask on or if he just liked the whole santa look. I thought it was a success though! It looked good for the visit the next day with santa!

The next day we piled up myself, Elem, Ali, and Cecilia, and Grammy and headed to see Santa. Okay so the line was an hour and a 1/2 long! Who knew. But it had to be done. So Grammy staid in line while Ali and I took the kids around the mall in their strollers for some people watching and shopping. By the time we got back, Grammy was like 5 people back. It was perfect timing. I am super happy to report that Elem was the perfect little man all day. Never upset by the crowd or the little kids crying. Or even by Santa. He actually seemed to like him. We watched him from afar if you will for a few minutes, then up went Cecilia. She was the one we were more worried about and expected to get a crying pic of , but she did great. She grabbed his beard even though it was real and his nose too! She really stuck her finger all in his nose and grabbed his face! It was priceless. So she moved on with a great pic of she and santa. Then Elem got in his lap and just chilled. Looked at his beard and his face in awe and then just looked at me. It was so sweet and just calm. I have such a great baby!

This is the pic we got. As you all know, no more of the days when we were little and Santa pics were 5 bucks for a polaroid shot they grab. Its like 20 bucks just to get 2 5x7s or something. Anyways, so I did get the pics but here is a picture of the santa pic cause I dont have a scanner.



Such a great little man he is. After that we headed home for the day. He was worn out from what we thought would be a quick trip to the all, but what had turned into the all day event! I am sooo happy Brittney that you reminded me about getting a pic with Santa. For some reason it had totally slipped my mind!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers