Friday, December 28, 2007

Merry Merry Christmas (Part I)



After a long and insane holiday season, Christmas day was finally here! I spent the majority of last week making sure that all the kids at work got their gifts from "santa" and everyone had something to be happy to open. Let me just say a great thanks to all you people out there who either donated time, money, gifts, or anything to make it possible for all my kids to have such a great christmas. Like I have been saying, I am one worn out girl. Most of us have no idea what it must be like to be a parent and not be able to give your child who is thinking santa is coming, nothing. But thanks to so so so many people who gave to Our House, I can safely and amazingly say that every single kid had the greatest christmas! I am sad that I was not there to see them open their presents and see their faces as they got tons and tons of toys and clothes, but I can only imagine the joy they had! If no other day through out the year, at least for this day, they had some sort of normalcy in their life. Which is just great!

Although I wasn't able to make it to the shelter on christmas day, I was so happy to be spending Elem, Seth, Sage, and I's first family Christmas in our home! We woke up, and since Elem didn't really know what was going on, we went ahead and took a shower and got ready for my parents to get their, who were coming in from Memphis! I am soo happy they got to come in, even though it was only for a few hours, and see Elem's Christmas! Our families are so awesome and its so cool that we can hang out with both of them at the same time. the only thing that would have made it better was if my sis and brother in law and my brother could have been there. But luckily I will be seeing my sister tomorrow with her little baby bump, and then hopefully sometime next year we can work it out to where we can go see my brother. He lives in Colorado so not exactly sure on getting Elem out there or how that could work, but hey, who knows!

Anyways, so right before they got here we opened a couple of presents to get the christmas morning going! Elem was all dressed up in his fantsy christmas get-up!



With some help from mommy and daddy we got a few gifts opened right up!




Elem was super quick to pick up on ripping the paper off the presents! Of course he did love to play with the paper almost more than the gifts....


Sage got to open a few presents too!


Elem's love of the paper quickly changed as soon as he opened his gift from Santa!


He LOVES LOVES LOVES his singing stage! He is so obsessed with music and lights and mirrors, this is like THE perfect toy for him!


Part II coming soon!

4 comments:

Mittig family said...

OMG-that last picture is the funniest/cutest thing! Glad y'all had a great Christmas! It's so much more fun with kids, isn't it??? :)

Brittney said...

Elem in his vest is just too cute for words. THat baby cleans up nice in his Sunday best! I am so glad you enjoyed your first Christmas as a mommy...I think it makes the holidays even that much more fun!
I miss you...am I ever going to see you again?

Scott said...

Oh my goodness, yes, Elem looked so handsome in his sweater! And how often does he smile like that in the last picture? Because that is the cutest smile EVER!!! Your tree looked beautiful, so glad you all had a wonderful Christmas! We need to get together soooon, I have a little present for Mr. Elem! Love you!

Kimberly said...

Looks like Elem had a wonderful 1st xmas! I agree with Summer, that last picture is precious! Adalie has that same mirror/lights & sound toy and STILL loves it so it was definetely a good call on Santa's part!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers