Monday, February 11, 2008

We luv us some Giants


Yes yes yes we do! Although it happened quite a few days ago, I must say we are some happy campers here in Bryant! Now many people tend to jump on the superbowl bandwagon come January or so. But I am happy to say that I have been a giants fan all year! Of course my favorite player IS Plaxico Burress who I chose as my wide receiver on my fantasy football team! He always came through for me and early on in the season Seth and I decided to pick new teams because I felt that the Steelers just werent doin' me justice any more. And I chose to go with the Giants and Seth chose to stick pretty much with the cowboys; although he never really found a team he loved. But I did love me some Giants. Eli I like but Plaxico I loved. Seth leaned a little more towards Brandon Jacobs and took him for his all star player on his fantasy team. So through out the year we have loved watching the Giants and hoped they would at least make it through the playoffs!

What do you know- this year they came all the way?! We had planned to all three go to Uncle Chad's to watch the superbowl and kind of party it up as much as two parents and a 9 month old can, but plans changed pretty quickly. Uncle Spoon came over for the day and daddy and I and Uncle Spoon headed over to grammy and pappas for the a little pre game chillin and some good ole hot wings of course. What do you know-Elem falls a sleep before the game even started, so I staid with him, thinking I would be meeting up with daddy and Uncle Spoon by the 2nd quarter at Uncle Chads. But nope, it ended up being super loud over there, so Elem and I just met daddy and spoon back at the house around 3rd quarter!

We were so stoked to see the giants hanging in there and playing so great! The last few minutes were awesome and we took some photos to commemorate the evening!

Go Giants Go!

Daddy we did it!


Momma -Plaxico DID catch that pass!


Uncle Poon you have been a true fan all these years, I wike you team. I wike em a wot.


Elem totally is up past bed time and we are one happy family!!


Daddy and Spoon-they super happy, and look like they have been "celebrating" all day....Super bowl sunday what do you expect!?


Can I have my own hat? Its my first super bowl?


oh no, I ready for bed! no more Giants..I need to go night night. (Please disregard the beer in this pic-no we were not giving bubba beer. ) :)


By the end of the night, we were all so pumped up it was almost hard to go to sleep. I can honestly say this is the first super bowl I do not even remember one commercial. Its a lot harder to watch commercials when our kid is playing and crawling around! But again, we are so stoked to have the giants as our super bowl champions! And happy to celebrate it with Uncle Spoon who has been pulling for ole Eli since he made the jump to the NFL. Go Giants! And go us!

2 comments:

Scott said...

You guys are tOO cute! We really do need to have lunch soon, seriously! I need to give you Elem's Christmas gift before he grows out of it!!!!

Mittig family said...

Okay, I'm SO NOT a Giants fan, and must admit I hate Eli Manning and rooted against the Giants all season but mainly because I'm a Cowboys fan, BUT...I was a HUGE Giants fan that day and was really loving your Giants when they beat the Pats! Elem is such a cutie-hey, on your other post, if it's like the ballpit we have it doubles as a great swimming/splash pool in the summer!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers