Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring Time on Wye mountain



One of the traditions I was so excited to start with my family this year was an annual trip to Wye Mountain. It is located about 30 minutes outside of little rock, a little out past maumelle. ANd it is just a field covered in dafadills!

Since I got Elem such a cute little Easter outfit, I wanted him to wear that to get his pics made with all the flowers to remember his first spring time! Once we got there it was sooo pretty! Elem loved all the flowers and just wanted to pull on them and shake them! Now you really arent supposed to pick the flowers so we did our best not to let him grab too many-and he did really good, and pretty much just looked and watched all the people around. Here are some pics of the day! Just like all my blogs, I know I get a little carried away with the pics, and for the most part they all look the same, so forgive me for the mass amount, but I gots family who wants to see pics of this beautiful baby boy at his finest!

ELem and daddy when we first got there


Elem and mommy when we first got there as well


He takes a look around and I believe he likes it!


Oh and he likes to pull the petals off those pretty flowers! why not huh? they are just his size.


Enjoying the wind on his face.


Happy to be with daddy on such a beautiful day. They are best friends.


Showing off that mouth full of teeth.


Finally he got a whole flower. And not too sure what to do with it.


Overall, what a happy day. He loved it! And was pretty much smiles all around.


Like I said, I really want to have some staple things that we do each year as a family. So far those include, Wye Mountain in Spring, visiting with the Easter Bunny in April, Trips to the beach in the summer, doing Race for the Cure in October, going to the pumpkin patch in the fall, and going to the christmas tree farm every christmas! I feel like those are things that I know Elem will always remember when he gets older and also things he can look forward to throughout the year! I am going to try and think of more as they come along-since this is our first year at it! And hopefully, more fabulous memories will come with the more family times we spend together! I love my family and I am so thankful for the time I have with them each and every day. And if you cant tell, I love getting pics to document the great times, hopefully to savor them long after the memory is gone. :)

3 comments:

Scott said...

You have one beautiful family there Lou-Lou! The pics from WYE mountain are so sweet & precious. And FYI, you could never put up too many pictures as far as I am concerned! :-)

Mittig family said...

I love Wye mountain-so pretty! And those are some pretty precious pictures of that sweet baby! Congrats on your nephew too!

Brittney said...

I love his outfit...he looks so cute in it!!! You guys are such a cute family together and I can't wait to see some good wedding pictues soon!!! I wish I could be there!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers