Sunday, April 20, 2008

Nothing like a man in uniform



A big man or a little man! Ha! As you know Seth is a big lover of jerseys-well sports in general. And I guess the thing these days is just to have as many jerseys as you possibly can. Anyways, this weekend my mom came in town for my wedding shower, so before she got there I decided to get Elem all dressed up in HIS big boy jersey! It actually was a baby shower gift from my bestest friends ever-(major props to all my girls who went in on all the Miami Heat stuff last year) and it is just now the right size for Elem to wear. And it just so happens that Elem's Jordan's pretty much fit him now too! Seth got him those for Christmas, and has been dying for him to wear them! Also, I feel like this is the best time to throw this in-my kid is wearing a 5 and a half Extra Wide. Holy cow! Is that crazy to anyone else?? Cause it is so totally true. I have kids at my school that are 2 years old and wear a 6-which he can wear by the way. -Okay back on track-

Seth left to go get mulch for the flower bed and he was wearing his D. Wade jersey, so Elem and I hurried to get him dressed before daddy got back for a big surprise! And before Memaw got there. This is what daddy saw when he drove up in the yard!


Don't you know Sage was waiting on daddy too. Love the wind blown, underbite, shaved look.


Seth was grinning from ear to ear! Memaw drove up shortly after. Seth went ahead and finished the flower bed, and then we all came outside to admire the pretty flowers and beautiful day. Daddy and Elem checkin out the neighbors yards to see
if they are as good as ours.-Not sure how your neighborhoods are, but dang-these days yards are a big deal. At least where we live they are.


I love my men in uniform-even if the Heat didnt make the playoffs this year-we still love us some D. Wade. Now if you are wondering why they have 2 different numbers with the same last name, that is because Elem is wearing D. Wade's Miami Heat jersey and Seth is wearing D. Wade's All Star jersey. Just FYI.


Memaw got in on the jersey boy lovin!


My little ball player gave me lots of lovin' that day! He is such a good boy. And doesn't even know how cute he is.


Shortly after these pics, my mom and I were off to the park with Elem-for some good quality sand box time. Seth informed me that Elem couldn't wear his "J's". Immediately I knew he was referring to the fact that they needed to stay white! I was like, you seriously think this 1 year olds shoes are going to stay white for more than like 3 wears. But whatever. We will keep them as white as possible for as long as we can!. I love my family. Love love love them. Guess I'll be next on the list to get a jersey. We'll see-stay tuned on that one.

5 comments:

Brittney said...

Duh, you need a jersy too mom! Where is your spirit???? I love his outfit...too cute! What a little tough boy. I love that he is in 5 1/2 shoe...it just shows he is going to be a big tough boy! Jillian is just getting into a 5...isn't that funny! Girls and boys are so different! Hope your shower went well!!!! Did you get lots of stuff????

Courtney Rogers said...

Elem is the cutest thing ever!!! Those pictures are precious. Thanks for all my comments, I need all the help I can get.

Mittig family said...

As a Mavs fan, I am no D Wade lover-but Elem looks so stinkin cute in that jersey! Have you started on those wedding plans yet?

Scott said...

Sooooo glad that Elem can finally fit into his jersey! ha! He is too precious lou-lou. And I LOVE the pic of Elem & Seth standing there beside each other. :-) So good to see you at your shower. Hope you got everything on your list! Love you so much!

Anonymous said...

Mindy, Becky sent me your blog link. I have loved going back and looking at all of the pictures of Elem! You seem to be pretty good at taking regular pictures of him. He is so cute! Love the jersey!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers