Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Birthday Central

I thought I would simply dedicate a blog to Elems Birthday Decorations! Haha! I know it may be a bit much, but I am so proud of all the work we did to get ready for his 1st big day and I always want him to be able to see what it looked like! SO basically a lot of pictures for memory purposes. I must say, it was one heck of a birthday and I will be posting on the actual event next! It was so much fun and so worth all the hard work. I am most proud of the cake, it took the longest, so if nothing else, take note of that little puppy!

Ali came over the night before and we staid up until 1 am baking cupcakes and working on the bestest 1st birthday cake ever. I thought that there would be about 40 people there so I literally made like 30 cupcakes. And to think, I wonder why we had 20 left over! Oh well, it was fun! For Elems cake, We baked two small cakes and put them on top of each other, iced them up and then colored and rolled out fondant to put on top. And then made little fondant circles to decorate. It was so cute! I loved it. Here it is.


Like I said, we ended up spending soo much time working on the cake on Friday night, we had to do the majority of the decorating the morning of the party! Thank goodness my mom and dad were there, or I never would have been able to pull it off. Seth got up and mowed the yard, while mom my went and got the balloons for me and did all of the food preparations.I spent the entire morning working on the wall decor! I guess I am what you might call-a picture taking freak! I just cant ever get enough of them, so I figured what better day to display tons and tons of pictures of Elem all around the house. I taped and cut and pasted till there were about 50 bazillion pics of the birthday boy all over the house. Here I am taping like a mad woman trying to get it al done with only 2 hours to go.



If you have a kid, you know how hard doing anything on the floor with a 1 year old walking around can be. He wanted to touch everything and help out mommy with whatever he could. He did good-he taped a few pieces for me.


While I was doing the pictures my mom got the food together and the cupcakes out and everything. Here is the spread.


My finished product. If you cant see it too good, I did put ribbon on each picture page to try and make it cuter. haha! ANd the other pages were photos on scrapbook paper.




No party is complete without a personalized banner-


And then outside we had all his little toys, like the sandbox, toddler table, and new kangaroo climber that my mom got his for bis bday! Seth brought a big tent from work and we just streamered it up! I think I got a little too streamer happy, cause I was like streamering everything! But it was fun! Outside looked really cute and very partyish! And outside is Elems favorite place to be so why not? :) It was supposed to tornado that afternoon-which it eventually did, but thank goodness it held off until after the party.


And I think that was about it! Oh well I decorated the door, but I totally forgot to take a picture of it! But as you can imagine it was covered in streamers and a picture of ELem of course! And last but not least we just had tons of balloons on the ceiling to top it off for the birthday feel! Although it was a lot of work and we were totally exhausted from it, it was such a great party. And most importantly Elem had a lot of fun! I will be blogging on the actual party with birthday pics next! But for now, I need to watch the rest of this Celtics game. hehe-it IS playoff season people.

4 comments:

Mittig family said...

Happy Birthday Elem! What a cute cake! Glad y'all had such a fun party and all the decorations were so cute. When's the wedding?

Kimberly said...

Wow you should be proud because I am SOOOOOOOO impressed with the fact that you made that cake! It is adorable and so is all the other decorations/cupcakes!! Nothing but the best for the birthday boy!!
BTW-yes we so have to meet up once I move closer!!!

Scott said...

The party was quite spectacular lou-lou! Awesome job on documenting everything because you konw he will like to look back on the pictures someday!

Brittney said...

Mindy Leigh...I mean, Lee...you did such a great job! I think you are sucha good mommy and you really outdid yourself for Little Elem's birthday! That cake is great...where do you even buy fondent??? Elem is one lucky kiddo!

Miss you!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers