Friday, May 16, 2008

Party of the Year

....well Elem's party of HIS year that is. And what a party it was! haha. At least we thought it was. So now that you have heard about all the preparation and seen all the hard work we put into everything, lets get down to the party itself!

To start off, like I said my mom and dad were there to get things ready before all the party goers got there and then Seth's dad came by to help out too. While he was playing outside with Elem, our little birthday boy stumbled upon his birthday present and was obsessed with it from that point on! As you can see we couldnt even get him out of it for a pre party pic with his mommy and daddy! I knew he would love this toy because we have one at my school, and I kid you not, he rides it every day morning and afternoon every second that he can! And it is cheap too-so good buy at Target! wahoo!



Then everyone started getting there and the house filled up fast! Here are Shawn and baby Tatum, mommy and daddy to
be -Steph and Aaron, and Brady's mom Erin!


Brady, Erin, SHawn and Tatum-Elem's first friends! haha


There was lots of belly talk and rubs for Steph:


Cecilia was a little distracted by all the balloons on the ceiling for a while there.


Now, time to get this party goin-and Elem Zane is still in his riding toy. Papa trying to talk him into getting out to come and play with his friends! He finally got out-at least for a little while I think!


The classic cake pics are to follow! :) I must say I am proud of several things regarding the cake. Number 1. that Ali and I made the thing, and it turned out fabulous! I totally want to make more, and then Number 2. That it was Elem's first official cake/sweets. I mean as far as I know, until this week he had not had hardly any sweets at all, which was my motherly goal. I just hate it how much kids eat junk and I really wanted him to be healthy and happy and sweet free for the first year of like. So for what it is worth I think we did well!


AFter all that talk of no sweets, he of course LOVED the cake and dove right in!


We actually had to peel that fondant off (which you can get at your local Walmart in the wedding and party area- :)Brittney) so that he could get to the icing, cause it is not the best tasting stuff in the world. I think you can flavor it but we didnt have anything to flavor it with so whatever!


Cecilia...I have already told you, I have never got any cake of my very own, now please back away and go get a cupcake.


Actually before the cake we opened presents and then went straight to the cake to keep the party movin, but after cake, we headed outside to play with the toys! Elem got so much stuff, our house is completely overloaded. Literally, I have no idea what to do with all these toys-balls mainly!!!! But the big hit of the party was from Logun, Jessica, and Uncle Chad and Aunt Leslie! Introducing the water table. Best toy ever!

Here is all the kiddies gathered round to enjoy some cool water on their little ole faces!


Cecilia working hard to get her water in the bucket.


And Elem working hard to just get to that water and splish splash!


With Memaw in the backyard-




Wow what a day and although it was fun, I am glad it is done! We had so much fun and are so thankful to everyone for coming over! We are so blessed to have such a wonderful son and that he has had the most happy and healthy first year of life. We can not imagine our life without him. He is so smart, so sweet, and so loving. I am almost tearing up just writing that last sentence because it is so true and he literally makes my heart melt every time I look at him. Even if he is saying "Minnie" back to me. haha! We love you Elem Zane Shelby and you had a great first year!

1 comment:

Scott said...

Oh my goodness, you just made me tear up with that last paragraph! You really did throw an amazing first year bday party girl!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers