Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mowin with daddy

Seth has actually been out of town for a couple of days in Chicago for work, so since I am missing him, I thought he deserved a blog. We miss you daddy. Come home fast. He actually is coming home tomorrow afternoon, but the sad thing is, we will just miss him because we are heading to Memphis for the weekend for a visit with my mom and dad and sister and Wyatt. We had thought he was going to be gone this weekend and that it all would have worked out we were gone at the same time. But dont ya know, work always changes at the last minute. So oh well. We will see you when we get back daddy. I know Elem will be excited to see you!

Since we cant see him, we will just talk about him. :) Right before he left, he of course wanted to mow the yard to make sure it didnt get too out of control while he was gone. Seth is a big yard man, and LOVES to keep the yard looking good. I dont know if he actually loves the manual labor part of it, but I know he loves the end result. A nice green, fairly tall, even high grass, with a good straight and deep edge. Haha. Sad.

And it turns out that somebody else just LOVES the mowin of the yard too. No matter where Seth went in that yard...Elem was closely observing.


At first, he was super serious about it. Very interested in the noise and how Seth kept going far away and then coming back close to us again.


But once Seth started getting really close, he was all smiles.


I actually got in trouble a few times because I was so busy with the dang camera and trying to (as always) get that perfect shot to capture the moment, that I didnt realize Elem and I were standing on grass that was needing to be cut. Oopsy.


Nothing like a happy baby. And the best part was, this was a free activity, right? At no cost, I got to see my hubby in a wife beater, working out in the yard, and Elem having a blast. While, another perk, I got to do my thing with the camera. Sounds like a pretty perfect night to me.


Yes, I guess I am a bit strange for wanting to take pictures of every little thing, but I love it. I just can not get enough of pictures. They are just so beautiful to me. All of them, whether Elem is smiling, or starring, or in action. I just love capturing moments that I am able to look back on and remember exactly how I feel. During this photo session, if I recall correctly, I was thinking how much I love my family. My husband and son are the greatest gifts I could ever have asked for. And I think I was thinking how crazy hot I was, and how I was annoyed that sweat was dripping from my forehead into my eye sometimes when I was trying to take a pic. Thats about it though.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

I am holding baby jules and she is staring at Elem! I think she thinks he is hot...so we may have to hook the two up one day. Just a thought. You look great these days!!!!

Scott said...

I LOVE how happy you are sista. You deserve the world. FOR REAL THOUGH! :-)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers