Thursday, October 23, 2008

I loved you Mr. Bot Bot........



A true connection they did have: Elem Zane and his bottle. Our child has proven to be quite the addict to whatever is providing the milk-be it my boob, or his bottle. :) And once his mind was made up that he liked Mr. Bot-bot, there was no turning back. Originally, I had planed to take the bottle away when he learned to say it, but it didnt work out quite that way. Little did I know that the bottle would be such a hit in my house. Lets just say, there were not many times throughout the day, when you wouldnt see my son with a bottle, or within 5-7 feet of one he could grab at any moment. However-I knew it was time to move on and let go to mr. bot ASAP, when I started hearing my baby say, I want my bot bot -wit juice. Uhm... too many words and too smart to still be sippin on that old thing! So, once daddy headed out of town for a night (the honest culprit trying to pacify a crying 17 month old) I put all the bottles away and simply said here is your cup. And that was it-way easier than I thought. Today is day 3, and currently night 3 of bottle free baby! He asked for it for about the first half day, then he really just accepted it, and now we are here. Happy, healthy, and chillin with the cup. What more could I want? That was my goal when I wrote his last month milestones, and I have succeeded. Go me!



So long old friend. Here's to you and your loyalty. You did me right, were there for me any time I needed you; and I will never forget you!

3 comments:

Scott said...

So sweet. I LOVE the pic of him chillin' in this little man chair. I freakin' love baby furniture and am so glad that Elem has his own recliner. For realz! :-)

Brittney said...

what a big boy! your little baby is growing up...sad and happy at the same time!

Mindy said...

yes it is almost like letting go of the baby in him..you know? And actually, that is not his recliner-as you all know I dont do characters! Stephy!!!! It is Cecilias!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers