Thursday, October 9, 2008

No Dairy Diet in the works

Yesterday, Seth and I came to the agreement that we would try our best efforts to figure out what is in Elem's diet that might be messing with his little tummy, all on our own, before we try going to an allergist or diecticion. So, for now, we have started with dairy. Yesterday was the first day, and we did really well, no cheese, no milk (which he hasnt had any of that in like a month), no cheese crackers, no ice cream, no macoroni and cheese, no yogurt. No nothing basically. Sadly cheesey foods and yogurt, seems to be Elems most favorite food and snack, so losing the cheese crackers, yo-yo (as Elem calls it) and things like that- will be the most missed for now. We'll see if the diarrhea slacks off a littl bit and I will keep ya posted. We will consider this Food Test Number 1.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Sorry to hear that Elem is still sick. I hope that you can find out what's wrong quickly!

Just a word of advice, it can take up to 2 weeks for dairy to get out of your system, so don't get discouraged if you don't see results for a while. We had to do that for a while with Will. I know how frustrated you must be.

Brittney said...

Hey Mindy Leigh...I mean, Lee. I am really hoping the diet is working for poor Elem. My parents always think that milk is the cause of any of the sicknesses with our girls too...maybe it is their generation or something! I hope you are finding your answers quickly cause I know this has to be taking its toll on you!

Love you and miss you! B

becky said...

I hope that it works at least we know that it wont hurt him to not have milk. Love you and dont forget about my CD.

Scott said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that food test #1 WORKS! :-)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers