Friday, October 10, 2008

Trip to Memaw and Papaw's



This past weekend, Elem and I made a special trip to Memphis to see Memaw and Papaw! It was an extra special trip because Aunt Becky and my nephew Wyatt had flown in from Rossville to stay the weekend too! I havent seen Wyatt or my sis since our wedding, so I couldnt wait to spend time with everyone and see how much little Wyatt had grown. Warning,this is a very long post, and tons of pics!)

As I pulled through my parent's neighborhood, I got extemely excited when I saw a HUGE garage sale only a few streets away from where they lived. (For those who do not know, I love love love garage sales, but never get to go!) So this was perfect timing. I arrived at my parents and said a quick hello, grabbed my sis, and headed to the garage sale for some toys and any other goodys I could find! haha!Of course, the entire garage sale was full of girl stuff. Pink and White EVERYWHERE. But needless to say there were tons of toys. We made out with a pink kawasaki riding toy for Elem (he picked it out himself), a tool bench with tons of accessories, a light up musical standing toy for Wyatt (although I think it went out before the weekend was over), several random toys, a high chair, and I even got a brand new super cool quilt for my spare bedroom! Talk about good deals. I was stoked! What a great way to start off the weekend. We finally headed back to the house for some actual family time.

Wyatt had just woken up from his nap, and Elem was ready for some outdoor play since he had been in the car for so long, so me, Elem, my sis, and Wyatt, memaw and papaw all headed off to the park for some play time and relaxation. Unfortunatley when we pulled into the park, we noticed there was an insane amount of people having some kind of festival.

Where's Elem? Anyone seen my kid?


It really wasnt too bad, and Elem was ready to play! Look how happy he is watching all the kids! And seeing so many slides.


Wyatt is not quite big enough to do any actually large motor skill play at the park, but he still was around the action. here is my dad, sis, and baby Wyatt.


He is such a happy baby! With all the red hair and pale skin, we are still saying he and elem are about as opposite as they come! I cant wait till they can run and play together! they will have so much fun. wlel, as long as Elem doesnt beat Wyatt up, cause he IS already starting to show signs of being a bully. We will see. here is baby and pretty mommy.


I tried my hardest to get some great shots, but elem is on the move non stop. He is so fast I cant catch him in a still position for even a moment. And when I do, his hair tends to be going crazy. he was having somewhat of a bad hair day that day if I recall correctly! This is the best I could get!


Run, Elem Run! He is fast as lightning I tell ya!


After a great time at the park, we went back to the house to put baby Wyatt down for a nap. We all headed back outside to keep loud man from waking him up! While outside, elem helped Memaw clean those garage sale tosy nice and clean. Here he is waiting patiently for his turn with the hose. See his pouty face?


This is my favorite pic. haha. My mom got a little carried away with the hose.


He finally got his turn and helped water the plants just like we asked him! Such a good boy! he really does follow directions well when asked to do thiings. It is so cute.


Workin hard.


Even though he hadnt seen me in a long time, he still loved me! He was so sweet, and so tiny. he is still in 3-6 month clothing and is 7 months old. I think Elem was already wearing like 12-18 months at that time! haha, maybe not quite that big, but always bogger than smaller than the months he was!


Happy with his mommy. Look at that smile.


me and Elem doing his Homework. Flash cards. He loves the dog one and the baby one the best. He likes to look at teh dog one and just say dog over and over. And he likes to say baby, and kiss the baby one. So sweet.


Did I mention Wyatt was super flexible. His legs were all over the place. even during dinner time, he didnt keep them still.


Eating and playing. Thats what he does best.


Bath time for the littlest one. He is sitting up all by himself. Wahoo. I know Aunt Becky is happy about that one.


Overall, it was a fabulous weekend. It was so great to see my mom and dad and Wyatt. Elem had so much fun, and did really great in the car both ways there and back. There were no major obstacles, he slept well, ate well, and was great the whole time. My sis and I even got to spend some time out having a nice adult beverage without the kiddies. I dont think I have done that in, uhm, like 17 months. Ahh the simple joys! Thanks for having us Memaw and Papaw. We love you. And cant wait to see you again this weekend, this time without the drive cause ya'll are coming to us. Much easier. We will miss you Becky and Wyatt.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE Wyatt's red hair and pale skin, thats my neice Lily and now my nephew Mason to a T! I just love how different red hair is these days!!
Elem makes my heart smile every single time I see that little bugger!!! Hope he is feeling better!!

mom said...

I am so glad you all came to see me. I really enjoyed doing Race for the Cure and spending time at your house too, Mindy. Tell Elem I love him. (From kittykat memaw)

becky said...

I was so glad to see you too. Sorry I am strict on his napping and bedtime schedule. I am so glad we got to hang out without the little ones too. It is so great mom loves keeping the kids (wish we lived closer to eachother and mom). Well I love you and give Elem a kiss for me. Tell me when a good weekend is to come.

Scott said...

I love your family - so sweet! And Wyatt is the cutest little thing ever. So precious! Glad you all had a good time together. And Woo-Hoo on the garage sale finds! PS. The neighborhood that Aaron's parents lives in is having a neighborhood garage sale ths weekend. There will be GREAT finds there. Give me a call if you are intersted and I will give ya directions. :-)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers