Sunday, January 18, 2009

Chitter Chatter

Nothing, and I mean nothing makes me laugh and smile more than the chitter chatter and rambling from Elem these days. As he learns 3-5 new words each day, he is slowly stringing them together and making complete sentences to communicate with us. I never thought we would get to this day so fast as I think back to when he was sleeping all night in our bed, learning to stand up on his own, and crying to desperately let us know what he was thinking. Little things like letting me know he was hungry. When now, he actually says, "I hungwey mommy, I hungwey". It is truly an amazing transformation. My mom has always told me that I was a loud kid when I was younger and that I liked to talk alot. Not really about anything in particular-just talk. So every time I hear Elem just a talking away-I like to think its something he inherited from me. Since those things are pretty minimal as far as we can tell for now! haha.

Here is Elem talking away. As a heads up, the main things he is talking about are: the football, and how he wants to catch it, and he wants daddy to catch it, and how the ball is "mine", and Elms. Thats how he says his name. So if you listen carefully, you can understand pretty much everything he is chattering away about.



As a side note-during this filming we were in the process of tiling our floors, so there is lots of furniture crammed into our living room, and then the living room is also suffering from toy overload. This was right after Christmas. So bear with me on the mess!

4 comments:

mom said...

He is so precious with that little husky voice. I will be so glad to see him. I love you Elem.(and Mindy and Seth)

becky said...

He is already so good at getting the ball in the basket! That is amazing. I also love his raspy voice and I cant wait to see ya'll next week.

Scott said...

So precious Lou-Lou! He is such a smart, handsome little guy! I think Aidan is going to be a chatty little guy too, as he is already started just talking away and making new sounds everyday! I love it! Hope we can get together soon! Love and miss you girly!

Brittney said...

I hear you on the toy overload! I want to sell like HALF of all this stuff! Jillian is only 2 1/2 and we are at full capacity here!

I do love Elem's little voice! He is precious...so wish I could meet him in real life...is that ever going to happen?????

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers