Saturday, January 17, 2009

Twilight

Yes I am referring to the book series, of which the first book has most recently turned into a movie. I have been wanting to read more , like I mentioned in my New Years resolutions, but I never seem to start out with a good enough book to keep me interested. Luckily, this go around, my sister in law-Ali, let me know that she was reading the Twilight series. She went on and on about how good they were, and when she finished the book in just a few days, I knew I would love it. I started out the first night and read over 150 pages. As soon as I began reading, I got sucked in. It may seem a bit silly when you think about it-the book being about a love story between a human 17 girl and a vampire! But actually it is great. It is such easy reading, flows very smooth, and simply lets me settle down at night, and almost get away for a few hours. I get so wrapped up in these books that I read for 3-4 hours before I even realize what time it is! So the first book Twilight, was so good that I read it in 3 days. And then of course I called Ali and we headed to see the movie. The movie was pretty good but nothing in comparison to the book. Once I saw the movie I immediately started reading the second book-New Moon. A week late, I have finished that one as well. This one was just as easy reading, but not as much love story, as the previous book. So tonight I will be starting the 3rd one-Eclipse. So far, my new years resolution seems to be in sight, at least for January, I have already exceeded my book goal! Anyone looking for a great read-something light hearted and romantic-Twilight is a perfect fit.

4 comments:

Kylie Williams said...

i grabbed the first one to read on a 6 hour flight from NYC. The next day i bought the next, and so on and so forth. I don't think I spoke to Dustin for a week.
yeah - the movie was bad. really bad. we giggle the whole way thru...

Mindy said...

haha so glad you can agree with me on this one. I am on # three. Well starting it tonight. But I need your login to get onto your dang blog. Still never can get on. my email-mindy.madewell@gmail.com

Karen said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one reading these books. Or at least the only non-high school kid. I got Twilight for Christmas from one of my cousins who is in high school and read it so fast. I haven't got New Moon yet, but I can't wait to start reading it.

Scott said...

I have the book just waiting for me to open on my nightstand! I have just never found the time to actually START reading it. Even though I have heard from SO many folks that it is the best series of books ever. Okay. I am convinced. I WILL start reading it, today!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers