Friday, February 13, 2009

Good Times with Family

About 2 weekends ago Elem and I headed to Memphis for some quality time with my mom, sis, and nephew. This was our first official trip in the car with the DVD player, and it couldn't have gone better. Elem slept the first hour and 1/2 on the way down, and then he watched Barney the rest of the way. he did great, and I am a super huge fan of the DVD player these days-anything to make a long trip fun, and easier on the little ones. We got there Friday afternoon, and and just chilled with everybody, trying to break Wyatt into hanging with Elem easy. Wyatt is not, or was not really around a lot of kids very often, and Elem is what you would call...a very loud and touchy feely kind of boy. He is all about some hugs, kisses, and lots of baby love, and it took Wyatt about a day to realize Elem wasnt all that bad-and with Elem came lots of toys and lots of attention and playing.

By Saturday morning, we were so excited, got the boys up and took them to a little photo shoot in hopes of getting them some good pics together. My mom picked this great photography studio and the kids did so well. I couldnt not believe how silly the man was and how he actually was able to get an almost 1 year old and a wild and crazy almost 2 year old smiling happily on a couch together. Although at one point Elem got really close to Wyatt, and Wyatt gave him the look of shock and awe, and the biggest eyes I have ever seen him get. But he hung in there and made the pics happen! (We actually got o see them this week, and they are soooo good)Short after that, Elem and I quickly realized we HAD to oblige by Wyatt's strict nap schedule. One day I will get my sister for that one, so we got booted out of the house, along with my mom and headed to the Chick Fil A playland (of course) and the park right down the street:

My little stud, all dressed up in his brand new outfit courtesy of Memaw


On a huge slide-still trying to get that great mommy and Elem pic (hoping one day we will haha)

After the park, we still were not allowed to come back to the house just yet, and went on to the library. Elem is sooo into the library these days. Although he has only been a handful of times, he loves him some big truck books:

After a long morning out and about, my sis let us back into the house, and I finally got to spend some time with baby Wyatt. Of course, now was Elem's nap time, so he got stuck in the bed while we all went outside. Wyatt is in a stage where he is obsessed with walking around but doesnt have the best balance just yet, and is killing my sis with walking around all day holding onto her fingers. So she got these instead: walking wings-and they are insane-like a leash for your kid. But just look at that grin.

Wyatt tryin on Elem's hat-arent they the cutest mom and baby? so sweet. He has the biggest brown eyes and reddest hair. And just a couple of teeth, hence the keys in the mouth-I guess some more are coming in soon!

And Wyatt LOVES my mom. Every single time she spoke to him his little face just lit up. And a huge smile came across his face. I guess Aunt Mindy has to come in second place to Memaw. Although Vincent has a big family-Ill have to beat out a lot of people for best Aunt! :)

I mean doesnt this scream Best Aunt ????

Finally, the boys got to play together-and they did so great! Wyatt overcame his fear of closeness and broke down and joined in with the loud fun-

And I do believe somebody had fun!


Becky got to spend some quality time with Elem, while Wyatt was taking another one of his much needed naps. :) We went to the Children's Museum in Memphis, and it was HUGE! And simply insane. I mean more things than I could ever think for Elem to do from shopping in a pretend grocery store, sliding down slides, playing in police cars and fire trucks, shooting paper airplanes, coloring on the walls, and dancing in the mini disco room to name a few. Elem's favorite of the day...none other than the fire truck. I think we made about 75 trips or more to the fire truck station.


Becky did a remarkable good job of chasing Elem around with me the entire time. I should have made her carry him-I am used to tugging the 29 pounder around and feeling myself sweating and out of breath just in time to start all over again, but she on the other hand, has the tiniest lightest baby ever. Who isnt running her ragged just yet. So she did good. :) Love you Beck.


That night the kids played well together and we all just took it easy hanging out with cousins Amy, Jeff, and Amanda. Elem did soooo good, and was super friendly, giving hugs and kisses galore, and playing like crazy, as well as introducing them to the Backyardagains. While on the trip, we also introduced Wyatt to Barney. he seemed to enjoy it, and played really close to Elem for quite some time.


And finally kisses. Sweet kisses from one cous to the other.


I know that was a long post, but I could have even blogged more. So I will quit on that note. The weekend was so much fun and I hated to head back . I really miss seeing my fam and we always have a great time when we see them. I was so proud of Elem for handeling the trip really well. The drive, sleeping in a different bed, not having all his stuff, you know all the things that make home-home. But we will be seeing everybody shortly in about a month, for Wyatt's first birthday! So until then, we love you Beasleys. And miss you tons!

3 comments:

becky said...

Sorry about the strict nap schedule but you see why after spending some time with him having an altered nap schedule. I love the picture of you holding Wyatt and I love the picture of Elem kissing Wyatt's head. Miss ya'll and see you soon.

becky said...

Oh yeah one other thing my red head has big blue eyes (not brown):)

Courtney Rogers said...

I love this post! Hugs and Kisses to all of you! ~ from Brentley Rae :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers