Monday, April 13, 2009

What I love Most Mondays

Eat like nobody is watching:

Well its that time again, ALREADY! For..What I LOVE Most About Mondays-And sadly I haven't posted anything since last Monday. :( But... I will do better this week. I am excited though to post what is on my mind, and what I love the very very most about this Monday. And that-in a nutshell, is "the little things".

And when I say little things, I am sure any mom knows exactly what I am talking about. I hear myself about 50 times a day say, "Look at Elem". just to have someone, other than myself, catch him doing something that is so cute to me, that I can't even stand it. haha. Even though many of the times that I hear myself saying that in my head and then I turn around and realize that there is no one else there to say that too. Its so amazing to think of all the things that run through my mind every day, and every few minutes for that matter, that seem to take up all the time in my day. And then to see the things that actually keep me smiling, and how they take up literally moments or seconds when they are happening. Sometimes the most important, or most moving, and meaningfull things that happen in one entire day, are the teeniest and tiniest things. Luckily I have Elem to keep me on my toes, and keep me remembering what is so important and what really makes us happy or smile through out the day. For right now, I am forgetting about all the things I need to get done at work, all the things I need to get done with my house, all the things I need to get done money wise, meetings, clothes, family, all of it. And just thinking about the little things that happened today to make me smile.

Accessories make you happy. Gloves for example, can make or break an outfit. Daddy's gloves that it.


A corn dog from the pronto pup stand -at a festival. Doesn't get much better than that.


Bubbles. Everybody loves bubbles. Why wouldnt you love bubbles?


Hmmm...when I watch my kid dress up, he has no idea I am watching him. No idea he is talking out loud or that his thoughts are out in the open. No idea that he is half naked and wearing gloves that are 5 sizes to big for him. Yet he is smiling, having fun, and it is still 8am.

...when I watch my Elem eat a pronto pup, he holds it with 2 hands, takes huge bites, gets grease all over his mouth, and even offers mommy and daddy a bite of his. And then falls asleep in the car with half of it still left over. He doesnt care how messy he is, or how many calories there are in a corn dog, he just enjoys it and only eats what he needs. So careless, yet so satisfied with a minor step up from a silly ole hot dog.

...when I watch Elem play in a bubble bath-it is simply adorable. A smile consumes my face, and I cant but smile. Naked red booty right above the water line, dripping messy hair, and snotty nose, splashing all around, swimming like he is a pro in the foot of water in the bath. Talking to himself and giggling because he is having so much fun, it cant be contained.

These small things, really do make me so happy and make me stop stressing about the many things that seem to over take my thoughts throughout the majority of the day. We should all take a few seconds to let ourselves be happy in the little things that we do. We SHOULD be happy that we think our kid is cute when he/she laughs, we SHOULD be happy when we can still fit in those pair of pants we wore before we got pregnant, we SHOULD be happy when we perfectly shave our legs right before we are heading out for the night, and we SHOULD be happy when we get every single last piece of laundry put up in the correct spot that it goes in. Who cares? :) Take time to be happy in the moment-in what you are doing right now. And be just be happy. I love the saying, "Live Well, Laugh Often, and Love Much." Enjoy your Mondays.

2 comments:

mom said...

He was so sweet this weekend. I really enjoyed seeing you even if I wasn't 100%. Do take time to enjoy, before you know it, it will be a blog of YOUR grandchildren. Thanks for taking time to blog.
Love you,
Mom

Brittney said...

Elem looks like such a big young man these days! Looking at your header picture, I just can't believe how much he has grown!!!! Love your thankful Mondays! It is such a great idea!!!! You are a great mom!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers