Thursday, July 23, 2009

Flips and rolls

I am super lucky to be able to spend every single day, all day long with Elem! I couldnt imagine it any other way, and I love being able to give him special hugs and kisses any time I want it. However, that also means a lot of sneaking away when I need to get some work done and he is needing his mommy. Luckily he has some really great friends at school who take his mind off of mommy and keep him happy and busy. The weather has been not so wonderful the last couple of days, raining like crazy, meaning not too much outdoor play for little people. In trying to create some sort of fun and "active" atmosphere at school yesterday, Elem and his "boys" did the thinking for me. So after a long, frustrating day at work, and a very intense hour of gymnastics training on the bean bags in the library section....Elem and his 2 little friends, Robert and Canaan, managed to make the best of the day and had a big surprise for mommy when she came back to check on them. Happily they had worked out a routine where each boy ran at full speed and did a forward "flip" or "roll" onto the bean bags, and then ran back to the end of the line. And this cycle continued over...and over....and over....until Grammy arrived to scoop Elem up around 4:30pm. Now, you are thinking...cool good for the boys, but Elem actually did not know how to roll before yesterday! He always tried to, but never could quite get his legs up and over, and would just fall on the floor. Amazing, what can happen with a few little boys and a little time. This time, the result was a good one! Now, all I have been hearing non stop is, "mommy, wat (watch) me do my flip".

1 comment:

Scott said...

Man, they really do learn from each other! That is awesome that Elem has some good friends at school. Can't believe he is such a big boy now! I still remember when you were preggars with him workin' at Perks! haha! Those were the days!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers