Sunday, July 26, 2009

Picture of the Day

I am so busy with the summer drawing to an end, which means the Summer Program at the shelter is also coming to an end! So lots of preparation for the graduation coming up for all the little kiddos that attended all summer long. This past week its been so hard to focus on family and friends because I have felt so overwhelmed with work and school-over 35 school age children M-F all needing some major love and support during their stay at the shelter, as well as 18 littler ones (birth-5) all needing just as much love! Oh and lots and lots of diapers, feeding, and potty-ing to be done. Did I mention diapers?! Some of my staff has been out sick, some of them have been on vacation, others are dealing with family issues, the list just goes on and on....Also my own school was drawing to a close as well, and I am happy to report that Monday was my last lab and I have A and P 1 completed! With and "A" I might add! Wahoo. With all the craziness, I need to refocus! And this morning I did that with finding the picture that is making me forget all about the hectic day I have ahead of me!



This pic is from the Memphis Zoo (which I still need to blog about! I am so behind) and was actually on our way out. Elem Zane is just too funny for words. Here he is standing in front of the HUGE entrance, tons of people walking by him, exhausted from about 4 hours at the zoo, sweaty and tired, but still....he manages to steal the show and steal my heart all at the same time. Thank you Elem for allowing me to refocus! Come on Day-I am now ready to take you on!

2 comments:

Lauren@ Not Your Average Southern Belle said...

I'm so sad the summer is almost over :( Tryin to squeeze in as much as I can with them! John and I talked to Georgia for a long time after work last night, and it really hit me hard that its almost the end. I cried.

mom said...

I hope he had as much fun that day as I did! What a great picture!! Hey Mindy! I double clicked the picture to save it , like you told me, and it worked!! I am so glad I get to see Elem in your blog. We have such a hard time getting together that it really helps...and it documents his changes.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers