Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Spin baby spin

Seems like every single day Elem is showing more and more signs of being just like his daddy. I am still not quite clear on how I carried Elem Zane for 9 long, but very happy months, created his perfectly unique name, worked full time until the day of his birth, endured 18 hours of labor, pushed through the pain of an agonizing c-section, (well slept through most of it), breast fed for 10 sleepless months, not to mention shared my bed for almost one whole year with the little dude, only to have this perfect little beautiful spitting image of his father. :) Seems like I could at least get a little something in him that resembles me. But like I said, the more I watch him grow, the more I see similarities of he and Seth and the more I see things they are going to be sharing, with me on the side lines. It is really hard for me to say that, because I he is MY little man! And as much I love teaching him new things and seeing him be smart and come into his own, the boyish side is coming out now more than ever! Although let me add, he is a mommas boy for now.....still needs me to get him to sleep every single night, and wake him up every single morning, and to be the one to help him in the potty. So I am not complaining so much as I am trying to embrace the moments I have before the boys move on to bigger and better things that mommy wont be able to do!

All that being said, I still think the bond we each have with Elem is unique and one small thing that Elem and Seth, and I all share is our love for music. We all love to crank up the ipod to hear great music, move around to the beat, and it seems to bring a smile to each of our faces when we hear some happy dancin'- do whatever you feel- kind of music! Lately, Elem has really been enjoying watching Seth spin his records, and he seems to get all hyped up while daddy spins away. We have Seth's turn tables kind of crammed into the back bedroom, on top of a dresser, so while daddy spins, Elem and I hang out on the guest bed, and Elem goes crazy! He jumps and does all kinds of flips and dances just lovin every second of it. The other night Elem wanted to be a little more like daddy, and wanted some hands on experience, so he tried out the turn tables himself. I see a DJ mastermind in our future:

2 comments:

Khim said...

Love it, that kid's got soul!

becky said...

He is so cute when he is dancing!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers