Monday, July 27, 2009

What I love Most Mondays

I love love love being able to spend time with Elem each and every day! And even more I love being able to take Elem on special field trips that he normally wouldnt be able to go on, but because of my job, he gets to take advantage of the perks even more than I do! Lucky little fella! This past week I took Elem on a field trip with the school age kids. I try to take him with me any time I have to go or am needed with the older kids, just not only for something different and exciting, but a chance for him to interact with kids older than him, and for some much needed mommy and me time...if you know what I mean! Lucky for Elem, one of the field trips last week, was...Dickey Stevens Baseball field! Home of the Arkansas Travelers. There was absolutely NO ONE there, just us and the field and it was sooo amazing! The field was beautiful, it was perfect weather, and kind of sureal-seeing how calm and peaceful the whole stadium was when all the thousands of people werent there yelling and cheering for the baseball starts!

I caught this pic of Elem and Rory (Robert's older sister) taking in the view and calmness of the field. I couldnt better describe or explain the trip any other way than this picture. Simply beautiful! I almost want to stick a caption in that reads something like...."Expanding our horizons" or "Our future is what we make of it", or "Nothing is as big as it seems" Man the list could go on and on. haha. Hey, it could work!



Rory is 9 years old and is of course an Elem Zane fan! I think everyone is partial to Elem because he is "Mrs. Mindy's kid" but he likes all the attention. And when I see him just hanging out and enjoying moments like these, I couldn't imagine any other place I would want to work than at Our House. Thank goodness for my kid, and all my "kids" at the shelter. And for all the people and experiences Elem and I get to be a part of each and every day.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers