Friday, March 12, 2010

Bath time changes

I have been noticing HUGE differences in Elem's bath time "activities" lately, and it is really sweet to see. Elem takes a bath just about every night, and he has really come to love this time. Since he was little we have always loved giving him baths, and sitting next to the tub watching him play, and pouring water from cup to cup, splashing in the water, and swimming around like he is in a pool. But lately this time has transformed into a more solitary time for Elem where he plays by himself, and his imagination and creative side really comes out. We love it! Its weird how not only the toy stash in the bathtub changes over time, but so does the conversation that takes place in there! Lately Elem has been having some major CAR play and painting activities going on there, with a dialogue that would blow your mind! It is almost as if this magical world of play comes to life as soon as we turn off the water, close the door and exit the bathroom-


There tends to be all kinds of noises and screetches, lots of cars splashing in the water, and car noises galore. LOTS of role playing, where Elem speaks for everyone, saying things like

"Are you ready guys?"
"Okay we are ready"
"Everybody line up"
"On your mark, get set, go"
"I'm coming, I'm in first place"
"No you not, I am the winner"
"Checkered flag here I come"
"I'm gonna crash you"
"No you are not, cause I am gonna crash you"
and so on and so on. :)

I love sitting outside the bathroom door and peaking in through the crack to see what he is doing, and what amazing little world of his own he has created. It is always so innocent, and his true personality comes out. Sometime the dialogue is sweet and kind and well mannered, and some times it is angry and very up front. Vroooooooom!


My little boy is so close to three I can almost taste it! And you can bet I can see it every single day in the little things he does, like bathtime, where he is slowly transforming from a toddler into a preschooler.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers