Thursday, March 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Wyatt!


On March 19th my sweet little pale faced red headed nephew celebrated his 2nd birthday! And I am so sad that we could not be there to celebrate it with him and the rest of his family and friends. :( We had planned to pack up the family and head to good ole Rossville, GA to participate in the birthday bash, but my work schedule just wasn't allowing it. It seems like Spring Break time for everyone in the world-BUT ME- means lots of free time, lots of time off, less kids around, etc. But at the shelter, that means more kiddos to take care of because there is no school. So we didn't make it this year, but no matter what we will be at his 3rd birthday! I promise.

We are really sad that we miss out on so much stuff with Wyatt, but long distances and toddlers just don't seem to mix just yet in our family. Hopefully we will see him sometime in April and we plan on bringing some special cupcakes to make up for the birthday party we missed out on. Elem seemed happy about that, so I am sure Wyatt wont complain either. For his 2nd b-day Wyatt rented out a gym and from what I heard, ran crazy with his friends and had one awesome Elem cupcake birthday cake, made special by daddy. Too cute. Since we couldn't be there to join in and show Wyatt some love up close and personal, I decided to post a little video of Elem and Wyatt together around the holidays. They just do not see each other enough and that is one thing my work is just going to have to take the back seat on really soon. Gotta make time for my sweet little nephew before he grows up too fast and his Aunt Mindy hasn't been there to get to know him better.


Wyatt is really little for his age, and still looks so tiny to me compared to Elem at that age. He is pretty quiet-at least around us, and loves his mommy and daddy that is for sure! He loves to be outside, and I think his new favorite love is a tennis ball, but I havent been around him to see that one just yet . We talk about Aunt Becky, Uncle Vincent, and "Baby" Wyatt all the time, just about every day, and Elem totally knows them by their picture and of course talks about them as if they were his best friends. He is very protective of Wyatt and always talks about how he wants to show him how to do things, and how he wants to take things to him, etc. ect. I asked Elem what he wanted to get Wyatt for his birthday and he responded with, "Well I guess I would like to get him a basketball jersey and a razorback hat." Good answer if you ask me! Maybe we will pick up a special Razorback treat for Wyatt on our next trip to spend time with him. Although I dont know if he would actually wear it! But you can never have too many hog fans running around here, thats for sure! We love you baby Wyatt more than you could ever know. And I am apologizing in advance for all the times Elem is going to beat you up and knock you down in the future-sadly he is super tough and it is just inevitable. :)
We love you Wyatt and hope you had a WONDERFUL, FUN, and SPECIAL 2nd Birthday! So sorry that we couldn't be there with you, but we cant wait till the next time we see you.

2 comments:

mom said...

They are good boys!

Anonymous said...

We missed seeing you at the party, but I hope work is calming down!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers