Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Quote of the day.

This morning Elem and I were running SUPER late for school. He woke me up around 3:30am, and I ended up enjoying a nice 6 hour stretch of sleep in the good ole 4 inches of right side of the twin bed in his room. I was lucky to get about 1/3 of the covers over the bottom half of my body. I was so not complaining when I woke up and it was 8:30am, and Elem was still wanting to sleep in. Of course we had to get up and get going, but needless to say Elem was moving right along in his fabulously slow mode he seems to have going these days, and it was like pulling teeth to get him dressed, much less in the car. After him telling me that he did something "good" and "peed outside" in the front yard-uhm with no clothes on what so ever, I thought the morning could not get any more humorous-and SLOW!



I proceeded to tell Elem it was time to go to school and get in the car, because we were going to be late and he responded with the following.....

"Go on and tell my friends I staid at the house today!"

Uhm, are you kidding me??? I turned around in dismay, not quite sure if that was something I was saying in my head or if my 2 year old literally told me to "go on". Much less, the fact that he told me to tell his friends he is "staying at the house today." What ever happened to when mommy says get in the car, you say yes maam? Wow!

1 comment:

becky said...

I can't believe he is almost 3!!! I love the picture!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers